• 34 •

________________________________

"Talking"  'Thinking...
Important
_writing_

________________________________

    Scott gripped hold of Stiles's hand, pulling him forward into a hug and patting his back before stepping off the front porch step.

    "I'll be back after school, bring you our school work okay!" Scott yelled to his best friend. Noah had informed the school stiles would be out of school for the next two months. Explaining that his son would be in New York for an unpaid internship required for his career path.

    Stiles's voice was still missing when the school called to ask him to confirm his being missing from school for said internship. He had to repeat himself twice before the school accepted the request. Know he waved bye to his pack as they all started toward their cars for school and work. Peter and Cora stood around behind the human, one in the living room the other in the kitchen. Stiles hummed as he watched Derek climb into his car and look over at stiles. The two caught each others eyes, watching one another for a moment before the wolf looked away to start his car. The man backed out and was gone in seconds with the rest of the pack as they returned to school.

    Stiles closed the front door with a small huff, just another long uneventful day for him. He'd go through the library, visit the music room, clean up, cook, go on his phone probably. Stiles didn't have a lot of things to do in this situation. And he believed right.

———————————-
.Monday.
———————————-

Stiles cleaned the living room and watched two movies before Derek returned from wherever he'd gone off to do. After the man had started work on the younger's room. Stiles lounging in his bed messing with chips of dry wall or playing on his phone as the two spoke. As stiles had realized, Derek was dangerous for him. Not only had he watched the werewolf work, he had let his scent go, arousal growing as he sat and watched Derek hammer the dry wall into the newly made stud. The man spared a glance toward stiles, which he saw despite Derek thinking he wasn't paying attention.

    "Didn't know werewolves could build." Stiles chuckled playfully.

    "My great grandparents built the original." Derek responded with a soft smile. "I was a bit more lazy letting others build it."

    Stiles nodded before speaking. "I don't know much about your family."

'Hint, hint..." the boy thought to himself as he watched Derek's brow pinch and thought grow across his eyes.

    "There's really not much to know." The man answered easily, his brain raking for what to say. "My family is a generational wolf pack, my great grandfather was the alpha when he moved us here, he built our home and settled an agreement with the hunters that lived in this area."

     "How'd he do that, I thought hunters just attack anything supernatural?" Stiles shifted leaning up to cross his legs and lean forward on his knees.

    "It's not in my mothers journals or grandfathers. I don't actually know." Derek finished hammering in the dry wall plate he cut up to dig in the wall.

    "Odd. Did you ever find out how Cora survived the fire?" Derek looked over at stiles, moving toward him and bending down slightly over the younger man before reaching behind stiles and grabbing the paint pan and roller.