• 5 •

"Talking" 'Thinking...
Important
_writing_

________________________________

    I watched as stiles tore the cloth wrap he used to hold gauze and ointment in place over his fresh wounds. He hadn't know I was there, standing cross arms leaning on the door frame. Scanning my eyes over his bare upper body and taking note of the many bruises scattering his upper arms, ribs, and just barely his hip. Small scars wrapped over his back and on his shoulders. The bite mark, from Scott on the Nogitsuna was there as well. He hadn't turned but he had received the wound, interesting.

Stiles winced as he pressed on a newly formed bruise on his left upper arm, another on his right half covered by the gauze wrapping was visible. I let me eyes close for a moment to take a breath, opening them and watching him rub a cream ointment on the marks. Then his ribs, his hip, and then he paused. My weight shifted and he quickly tossed aside the squeeze bottle and pulled on a shirt. I made sure to stand properly and knock on the open door before he turned, knowing I'd been there would be embarrassing and not so good. Knowing someone knew about the marks he had definitely been hiding from the pack wasn't the goal here.

Stiles turned with a settled face, though contorting when he caught sight of me. "Derek, hey. What's up?" He almost seemed shy speaking.

"Wanted to check on you." I answered truthfully. "See if you needed help cleaning your wounds." Again I was truthful.

Stiles shakes his head, pursing his lips in contemplation. "No, all good. I'm fine here." His heart stuttered slightly.

"Your fine?" I ask edging on the clarification.

"Yep. Wow sour-wolf, you really are a softy." The boy teased as his heart, again, spead up for a moment.

I roll my eyes and let my eyebrows raise, gently falling back into my earlier position. "Try again, I could easily kill you."

"Pshh- nah." Stiles waves a nonchalant hand before him. "You love me too much." Another change in his heart beat. "You wouldn't." Again. "Besides, I'm too valuable to lose, you guys need me." A final stutter. This one sending me into shock and panic at the same time. Just as always I'm thankful he's human.

Stiles smirked at me and again I roll my eyes. "Your right, I couldn't, and besides, I'm not sure how else we'd get by with out you." My answer sent the smell anxiety and worry through my nose. Further more, his heart beat picked up at the words.

"Couldn't?" He asked lightly.

I cock an eye brow and stare back at the younger man. Then nodding and leaning off the door. "Come on, dinners ready." Stiles's eyes shoot open.

"Im sorry, what?" He seems deadly surprised, his heart only picking up more and crashing with panic.

"I made dinner. Come eat." Stiles swallowed thickly. My own mind filling with panic, heart picking up.

"I uh-... um, sure, yeah. I'll be down in a moment." His smile was strained, forced. I saw that know, it was his normal smile, how could I not notice the odd strain in the muscle, the twitch in the corner of his lips showing the smile was a lie. 'Shit...