28: My Closet Is A Graveyard

After so much the pain started to feel numb, the only thing that bothered me was the aching in my brain when I'd think about her. What could I do to her? I didn't even know who she was.
As I fiddled with the laptop more I entered my email and decided to start sorting it to keep my mind occupied. I cleared out trash mail from my personal and business accounts while I also pulled up a tab for my messages and did the same.
The (504) contact popped up on my screen. My stomach turned as I clicked onto the chat. My mind started to wander as I went to the profile and copied the number, pasting it into google to examine the search results.

TME: New Orleans Entertainment
Looking for easy and accessible entertainment sources. TME is a local party hub that is managed by Marle..

My eyes grew to this discovery, clicking the link right after reading the description of the website. In it listed the email of the business, and Marley's email though something felt absent. TME, what could that stand for? Why TME? Marley Entertainment? It's only managed by him.. not owned.
I scrolled and discovered the webpage and it's every inch to find some clarification of the abbreviation but nothing. I scrolled paragraph after paragraph until I hit the bottom of the page. At the absolute bottom in the tiniest letters were the words, "Associated by Tori M. Ent."
I closed my laptop and made my way to the fridge to retrieve the pinot grigio white wine. Tori and Marley. Tori and Scott. Tori.. Tori... A blank faced woman is depicted in my mind.
My phone was vibrating every other minute, whether that was for two minutes or hours.. My mind relentlessly pondered on what I should do rather than pull itself to the present.
I grabbed my phone and went to my recent calls, proceeding to click onto the most recent call, Ruby. The phone was silent for a moment until the consecutive rings began to echo in my living room, each ring creating a lump in my throat I tried to drown with wine.
"Yeo," Ruby's voice casually carried through the phone.
Waves of rage and sadness sloshed in my stomach, the silence was so thick Ruby repeated himself thinking he possibly wasn't coherent.
"Man this fuckin phone-,"
"I can hear you," I mumbled.
"Oh,"
Even more silence carried over for a minute.
"You good?" He asked, getting seemingly frustrated towards the conversation.
"You were right," I said.
Then it became his turn for the silence, as I realized my thoughts weren't coherent, and as a result my actions have led me here. Apologizing.
"I'm sorry Rubes... I'm not saying you didnt fuck up," I murmured with a soft chuckle, my tongue slipping around as i talk, the alcohol loosening me up.
"No reason to be sorry," He flatly stated, "I don't know how i'm right,"
"Well he was with another bitch," I dwelled.
"Yea,"
"Who?"
"Like I know,"
"Like you don't," I laughed as my face boiled, the conversation switching from awkward and skeptical to slightly intense.
"C'mon. I haven't been the one lying to you," Ruby confidently claimed, trying to leave no room for doubt.
"I know," I said, though underneath my skin was burning, "I'm tired of bull shit. It was getting good. We need a real celebration that won't be interrupted. We should go out," I persuaded, knowing that either of the boys would jump at a night out with me. Whether it was because they wanted me or wanted to ruin me, the opportunity would always be too good to pass on.
"Where to?"
"We'll see, I'll be there later on today," I said.
"No, I'll be there. Can almost smell the alcohol out the phone," He chuckled.
"Sure.. actually that's a better plan, don't tell Scott. I don't want to even deal." I slurred.
"You got it shorty, talk to you later," He ended the conversation, and with that I set an alarm for 5pm.

~~

My phone buzzed as the nostalgic ringing continued to play in my ear. I turned the alarm off, quickly getting up to go take a shower. In the process my vision blurred, leading myself to the kitchen to find iron pills through the streaks in my sight.
I downed a bottle of water and made my way to the bathroom to do what I had originally planned. The water tingled as it ran down my body, shortly later drying off with a towel of almost sandpaper, wrapping it around me, and guiding myself to my room.
I put my hair in rollers as it dried so it would be out of the way, form nicely, and I could also do my makeup in the meantime. An hour later I would be completely ready for the moment Ruby would call, and to my delight I was right in time, receiving an incoming call from him as I waited.
"Yeo," He said.
"Yess?" I answered.
"Needa get dressed,"
"Already am," I chirped.
"Sweet, on the way," He said.