Chapter 2

It was currently 8 pm and Saanvi was standing outside the company building.

Her day ran late and while she was supposed to be home 20 minutes ago, she was stood there outside waiting for the driver to get back with the car running smoothly as he promised it would be, 30 minutes ago.

She realized that she had to rely on a cab today and opened her phone up to book one.

"What are you still doing out here?" Vihaan's voice came from not 5 feet behind her. He sounded a little annoyed.

She turned to look at him , and yes , he was annoyed. His jaw clenched and the popping vein in his forearm gave it away.

"I'm waiting for the car. There seemed to be a problem with it so the driver asked me to wait for a while."

"You should've been waiting in the lobby, Saanvi. Not out here ,in the cold." Saanvi didn't know what to say so she kept quiet.

Vihaan quickly dialed the driver's number and asked him an update on the situation.

"Jab gaadi teek abhi nahi ho sakti, tab akal nahi hain ki ma'am ko phone kar ke bol de." He sounded mad now. The driver began to apologize but he cut the call. His priority right now was to get Saanvi home.

"I'm dropping you today. Looks like the car won't be fixed anytime soon." He said it very casually like he's always been the one chauffeuring her around.

"It is no problem, sir. I'll take a cab."

"I'm not going to let you go in a cab. Come on, now. It is already late and call me Vihaan, I've told you a million times." The finality in his voice made Saanvi understood he didn't want to be opposed further.

He walked pretty fast towards the passenger side opening her door. Saanvi didn't expect that but she quietly got in not wanting to say or do anything that might be the talk of the town tomorrow. For Saanvi it was weird , having her boss drop her home and if that wasn't enough , he opened the car door for her.

The ride to her home was filled with uncomfortable silence. Vihaan was a little annoyed thinking how she stood there out in the cold waiting. One of the reasons , he got the company to arrange transportation for her is so that she doesn't have to rely to public vehicles and be safe. If it was upto him, he would have gladly driven her around.

He was also a little happy that she was there right next to him, in his passenger seat , and he was getting her home, safe.

After a good 25 minutes, the car came to halt infront of an apartment complex.

"Thank you, sir. Goodnight." Saanvi quickly wished him and rushes into her building without waiting for a reply.

"Goodnight, Saanvi." He didn't miss how she wouldn't never call him by his name but today he was going to sleep peacefully, dreaming of the few minutes of the togetherness they shared. 

********************************************

Oooo what? Is it a double update, now?

Hope y'all liked it! Please do let me know your thoughts. Thank you!!!