Chapter 7

"Maa, mujhe aap se baat karni hain." Saanvi slips into her mother's room.

(Maa I want to talk to you.)

"Haan beta, bolo."

(Yes, tell me)

"Maa, woh, mybossaskedmeoutonadate." She let it all out in one breath.

"Kya? Beta, dheere bolo."

(What? Child, talk slowly)

"Maa, my boss asked me out on a date." Saanvi waits her for her mother's reaction. Is she mad? She must be. Is she disappointed?

Instead, her mother laughs.

"Toh? Tujhe jaana hai ki nahi?"

(So? Do you wanna go or not?)

"Maa, he is my boss."

"Accha. So, you told him it is a no?" Saanvi shook her head.

"I didn't know what to say. I told him that I'll think about it but now that I do, I should've him turned him down then and there."

"Why don't you wanna go?" Her mother questions

"He's my boss, maa."

"I don't see the problem, Saanu."

"He pays me. Aise kaise main unke saath date pe chali jao?"

(How can I just go out with him?)

"Boss ke saath date pe nahi jaa sakte, kya?" Her mother teases.

(You can't go out on date with your boss?)

Saanvi was starting to get frustrated. Her mother either didn't understand her or didn't want to.

"Saanvi, ek date hi toh hain. Chali jaa." Saanvi was shocked to hear her mother say that.

(Saanvi, it is one date. Go.)

"Beta, it is a date. Woh shaadi ke liye nahi pooch raha hain. Live a little." Live a little? It is all those English series she's watching, that's ruining my mum, thought Saanvi.

(He's not asking you to marry him)

"I trust Vihaan. He's a good boy." Her mother's faith in Vihaan despite meeting him only once was strong. She has been working with him for two years now and Vihaan has been nothing but respectful and kind towards women.

"I'll think about it, maa."

********************************************************

Hi you guys!!! I know this is a very short chapter but I promise I won't make you wait for the next one too much. I'll update the next one after 2 days.

Till then, please votes and let me know your thoughts. 

Also, please consider following me on IG: @x.wanderlustwrites.x