Chapter 17

3 months later:

If someone had told Saanvi four months ago that she would be in love with her former boss, she'd have scoffed at them, but here she was, with her daughter and the man she loves, at the same amusement park he'd brought them to for their first date.

In the last three months, a lot had changed. She had left her position as Vihaan's assistant a month and a half prior, but not before finding him a replacement who was equally competent. She conducted a dozen interviews before settling on two. After a few more discussions, she decided on Manav, a fresh graduate. He showed great patience and eagerness to learn while she was training him. Vihaan also had grown to having him as his assistant and was pleased with his performance so far.

When Saanvi resigned, a few people learned about Vihaan and Saanvi's relationship. By some miracle, it was well received, and she hardly noticed anyone chatting up others. She had a cordial relationship with Kritika, the marketing manager, so she was surprised when Kritika gave her a farewell gift and insisted on taking her out to lunch. From that point on, their friendship only grew stronger, and Saanvi felt it refreshing to have a girlfriend. 

The biggest change was Saanvi's career switch. A month ago, she bagged a job as a junior graphic designer in a well reputed company. She enjoyed every moment of her new job.

"Mamma! See, Viaan got me a teddy bear!" Tara yelled, with Vihaan tailing her, he had avcotton candy in his hand.

"It is cute, baby."

"Mamma, you hold the teddy. I want to go play on the swings."

She took the cotton candy from Vihaan's hold and made her way to swing set.

"She's really energetic. I'm toast." Vihaan complained.

"Maybe you're just old, Mr.Roy." Saanvi teased.

"How dare you, Ms.Kashyap?"

"Why did you rent the park again?"

"Aise hi." Vihaan answered to which Saanvi rolled her eyes.

(Simply)

"You remember our first date?"

"Of course I do. I also remember the scared look on your face when we got on the drop tower." Saanvi teased him. 

"Hey! That was scary. I couldn't even say no to you because of that look on your face."

"What look?"

"That childlike look. The same look that makes you seem excited and innocent when you do something you love."

"You're really cute, Vihaan." Saanvi had started to compliment him everytime he got too romantic or cheesy to deal with. Unknown to her, those compliments only encouraged him more.

"It is a good night, no?" Vihaan asked.

"Yes, very good night."

"Are you and Tara happy?"

"Yes Vihaan, I don't think we've ever been happier." She truthfully answered.

"Are you happy?"

"The happiest." Saanvi's face broke into a grin on hearing that. She quickly dropped a kiss on his face.

"However, I'm really selfish and would like to be happier." 

"Huh?" Confusion takes over her face.

In a split second, Vihaan is on one knee pulling out a ring box.