Chapter 13

"Tara, run faster." Saanvi said laughing at the scene infront of her. Vihaan and Tara were playing a game of catch which quickly turned into Vihaan chasing the little kid.

'Ah! I'm hurt. Tara, dekho. I can't walk anymore." Vihaan fell onto the ground and faked being hurt.

Tara was immediately concerned and ran back to him only for Vihaan to engulf her in his arms and pick her up claiming that he's won.

"Not fair! Aapne toh cheating ki hain!"

(You cheated)

Vihaan poked his tongue out at her being childish.

"Mamma, see, Vihaan cheated."

Saanvi was too engrossed at their bond. Those two became best friends too quickly.

"Accha Tara, I'm sorry." Vihaan apologized holding an ear.

Tara acted like she was deep in thought and said, "it's okay, aap bohut old hon. I can understand. You can't run."

Vihaan shot her an amused look and put her down making their way back to Saanvi who was seated on their picnic blanket. 

The sun was shining brightly and there was gentle breeze in the air. Looking at the weather, Vihaan suggested they do a picnic for their lunch on their day out.

Currently, Saanvi was cutting up sandwiches for Tara when Vihaan plopped himself bedside her.

"She called me old." He whispered in her ear.

Tara was busy with her colouring book.

"You're old." Saanvi replied, laughing.

"I'm only 30, Ms.Kashyap."

"Tara's 3 years old , almost 4. So you're old for her."

"And you? Am I old for you too?" Her eyes snapped up to his and she took a deep breath in before responding.

"You're perfect for me, Vihaan."

Before Vihaan could reply to that, Tara popped up in front of them, "Viaan, why is your face so pink?"

"Um, it is hot Tara, that's why." He answered making Saanvi laugh.

"Accha chalo , let's have food now."

(Okay,let's go)

Vihaan began feeding Tara the cut up sandwiches. Saanvi fed herself and Vihaan in between. The trio sure had a memorable picnic. 

                                         _____________________________

It was 4 pm and they were currently at Vihaan's place. It was a penthouse overlooking the city skyline. Tara had a her jaw open as she got through the door and she ran straight into the balcony for the magnificent view.

Vihaan was elated that he has his two favourite girls at his place. Saanvi was here as his girlfriend now, the few times she was here before, she was solely his assistant, always eager to finish up work and denying any invitation to snacks or lunch. All she had back then was water and tea but now, Vihaan was in the kitchen with Tara sat on the island. The duo were busy baking cookies.

"Why don't you stir the mixture, kiddo?" Vihaan handed Tara the spatula and she took on mixing the dough with great vigour.

Saanvi was sat on one of the chairs near the island watching them, Vihaan looked up and winked at her causing her to furiously blush.

"Viaan, what should we do now?" Tara asked shifting his attention to her. A bit of the dough was spread across her cheek giving away her sneaky bites. Looking at that, Vihaan and Saanvi laughed shaking their heads.

The two of them got busy together in lining the cookie dough onto the baking sheet but not before Tara could take a few more bites of the dough.

A good 30-40 minutes letter, the three of them were placed on the the couch, with Tara on Vihaan's lap. They were busy watching a princess movie munching on the cookies. 

Vihaan's arm was curled around Saanvi tucking her into him.

"Vihaan?" She whispered

"Yes, love?" He whispered back. Tara was lost in the movie.

"Thank you. I'm so glad you came into my life." She kissed his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're in my life too." He placed a kiss on her head.

"Mujhe kuch sunai nahi de raha hain." Tara spoke up making them break into laughter.

"Tara, I'm glad you're in my life too." Tara stood up in Vihaan's lap and threw her arms around him.

Seeing that, Saanvi's eyes welled up. She was happy that she found Vihaan and she was happy that Tara loved him. Today, she smiled alot more than she did in the past few years.

                                         _____________________________

"Today was great!"

"It definitely was! Thanks for spending it with me." Vihaan said. They both were standing outside Saanvi's apartment, Vihaan had just put down a very sleepy Tara into her bed. 

"Thanks for making it so special." Saanvi wanted to thank him for so many things yet she could never find the right words. She hoped he'd understand her gratefulness just like how he'd always seem to understand her.

"Accha bas. Enough of this thanks. Idhar aao." Vihaan opened up his arms and Saanvi encircled hers around him. She was more than happy to be close to him.

(Okay,enough. Come here.)

"I like how your hair smells." Vihaan complimented her making her chuckle.

"Well, it is a good shampoo."

When they parted, Vihaan's cheeks were pink. It amazed Saanvi to see that she had the same effect on him as he did on her.

"Sweetheart?"

"Hmm?"

He leaned close to her face and planted a quick kiss on her cheek.

He took a step back anticipating her reaction, but all he saw was her eyes open too wide.

"Um, Saanvi-", he began scratching the back of his neck.

"Come closer."

He stepped closer to her. Her hands went up to his face and she was on her toes returning the kiss he had given her a second ago. 

Vihaan had clearly not expected her to do that. His eyes were now closed, clearly soaking in elation.

"Baby, open your eyes." His eyes snapped open upon the endearment.

Pulling her close by the waist, he said, "You're going to be the death of me, Saanvi Kashyap."

*****************************************************

Hello people! Hope y'all liked this one! Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Also, do y'all remember Naina, the receptionist from chapter three? I changed her name and designation to Kritika, marketing manager .

Please note that any kind of promotion of other books in the comment section will be deleted. You can freely do it on message board but just not here.

Connect with me on IG: x.wanderlustwrites.x