Chapter 10

The next morning, Vihaan's excitement dimmed as he read a mail from Saanvi informing about her sick leave.

He quickly dialed her number.

"Saanvi, are you okay? Shall I take you to the doctor? Is it too bad?" He shot out questions without breathing.

"It's not too bad. I'll be fine by tomorrow. I'll be coming to office tomorrow, sir." Her voice sounded cold and distant and she back to this sir crap again.

"Take good rest. Don't worry about the office. Call me if you need anything, Saanvi." There were so many questions he wanted to ask her. Was she really sick or did she regret last night? Was she avoiding him? He wanted to know but he didn't want to have this conversation via a phone call and neither was he going to just barge in to her home. He only hoped that they'd clear out the confusion soon so that he could confess his feelings towards her.

                                             ---------------------------------

Saanvi lay in bed, cursing herself for bailing out of work today. The sickness was an excuse. She couldn't face Vihaan. He was amazing , as a boss and even as a date but she felt that she didn't deserve him. She didn't know how to act if she went to office today. Was she supposed to be shy or the same professional assistant? So, she decided it was best to lie and take a sick leave. 

Only, it wasn't. Guilt hit her hard after she heard the care and concern in Vihaan's voice. She wanted to say so many things to him. She wanted to break free and live a little but that Saanvi was buried underneath.

Her doorbell rang and she heard her mother opening the door. She went out of her room to see who was at the door.

"Beta , dekho, Vihaan ne tumhara liye medicines or fruits bheje hain. It also came with a note."

(Child, see, Vihaan sent medicines and fruits for you.)

Take care, Saanvi. Thinking of you.

Reading that note, she burst out crying. Her mother was quick to sit her down rubbing her back. 

"What happened, Saanvi? Ro kyun rahi hon?"

(Why are you crying?)

"Maa, Vihaan is really nice."

"Accha, I didn't know you cry when someone's nice."

"Maa!" Saanvi cried.

"Okay okay, tell me why you're crying and what's with this medicines and fruits?"

"I lied to Vihaan saying I'm sick because I'm too scared to face to him after our date. I don't know how to act around him, anymore." She confessed, embarrassed.

"You like him?" Her mother questioned.

Saanvi thought about it for a good minute.

"I do. I don't know if I've romantic feelings for him but he's a great person. Last night, he was so attentive and made me feel special."

"I gathered. You were glowing when you got home last night."

That made Saanvi blush deep and her mother laugh seeing her daughter shy.

"I don't deserve him, maa. He should be with someone that's not as broken as me." 

Her mother's heart shattered hearing that.

"Never call yourself broken, beta. You fought against all odds to get here. You are strong and self-sufficient. Don't let anyone tell your otherwise. If you like Vihaan, go for it. Woh kya kehte hain , fuck what people think!"

(What do they say?)

"Maa! Aap aisi baatien mat karien." The mother and daughter laughed. Saanvi thanked God for giving her an amazing mother and her mother prayed to God to give her daughter, strength and happiness. 

(Maa! You don't say such things.)

*********************************************

Hello people!!! Early update cuz me is bored! Please vote and let me know your thoughts !! 

Connect with me on IG: