Chapter 3

The next day, Saanvi was nervous to go to work. She couldn't meet the guard's eyes when he wished her this morning

Did he know the ceo of the company he works for dropped his assistant home, last night ?

Did Kritika, the marketing manager know that? She did smile too brightly. Maybe everyone knows, and that's why the doughnuts in the cafeteria were over before she could have them. It's bad , I have to-

"....okay, Saanvi? Saanvi." She snapped out of her daze to see Vihaan standing by her desk. She quickly stood up apologising.

"Saanvi, are you not well? Are you sick?" Concern laced Vihaan's eyes. He was moments away from calling for a doctor.

"I'm fine!" Saanvi blurted out despite sweat forming over her forehead.

"I'm sorry, I was just , um, lost for a moment." She said looking everywhere but meeting his eyes. She felt stupid and inadequate.

"I'm okay, sir. Is there something you need?"  

"Take a break Saanvi. Go take a break for 30 minutes. Don't argue."

Stupid stupid stupid. She felt stupid for going crazy like that. Her boss probably thinks she's unfit for work now. NO. There was no way she was unfit for work. She spent the last two years being an exemplary employee, professional and approachable but not too friendly. She just needed to breathe and it would all be fine. So , breathe she did.

                                               ___________________________

Vihaan didn't buy her 'I'm fine' bullshit for a moment. He was going crazy that he couldn't help her. He couldn't take her in and soothe her and she'd never say what's bothering her.

Pushing Saanvi to open up would just make her more closed off and he didn't want that.

All possible scenarios ran through his mind. Did he upset her? Was he rude to her? Maybe it was something about last night. Did someone in the office say something? There was no way of knowing. He didn't know how to make his love feel at peace.

Sometime later , there was a knock at his door and he saw Saanvi stepping in. Before he could ask her if she was okay, Saanvi spoke. 

"I'm sorry for what happened today, sir. It won't happen again. If there's nothing else to be done today, can I leave?" Vihaan visibly frowned. There was nothing to apologise for yet she did. It was 5 pm, she could leave.

He hummed and gave her a nod but the uneasiness in his chest didn't seem to disappear.

"Saanvi, wait." 

***********************************************

There's goes my third chapter! I hope y'all like this one. Let me know what you guys think in the comments!