Chapter 4

"I called the driver to check if the car has been fixed and it seems it hasn't. I'll drop you off today."

Panic rose within Saanvi.

"NO." The harshness in her voice startled Vihaan.

"I mean, I'll take a cab. It isn't even late."

"I'm going to your area for some work. Let me drop you. The metro and the bus is going to be crowded this time."

Saanvi didn't know how to oppose further. Vihaan knew what he was doing was wrong but he only wanted to be with her and know the reason behind her sadness today.

Sensing her hesitation, he said,

"My car is parked at the D block. Be there after 10 minutes. I've got a call to make. We'll exit through the third gate."

With that, Saanvi's face seemed to relax. He realized she was unwilling because she didn't want anyone to see them together and talk. Vihaan would never let that happen. Saanvi mumbled an ok and left his room.

                                            ---------------------------------------

Saanvi didn't know if this was a good idea. She could still back out of this. She could tell Vihaan that she needed to go the other way or simply just leave him hanging.

She took a deep breath in and relaxed. It was going going be fine. There's no one at D block and the third gate except Vihaan's car. No one would see.

"Chalien?" Vihaan asked flashing her his signature smile.

(Lets go?)

In return, Saanvi gave him a tight lipped smile and rushed to open her own door. Vihaan quietly chuckled and shook his head.

"How's Tara and maa?" Saanvi wasn't expecting any conversation. She was hoping for a silent ride like last night's even though it was awkward.

"Tara is good. She's settling into her school really well. Maa is well too."

Vihaan smiled at her short and straight answer.

Reaching her home , this time, Saanvi didn't rush out. She turned to Vihaan to thank him.

"Viaan!" Came a shout not too far from the car. It came from Tara.

"Tara!" Vihaan called out loud matching her energy. He stepped out of the car making his way towards the child.

"Tara, kitni baar kaha hain. Vihaan sir kaho. Friend nahi hai tumhare." Tara's lips curled into a pout.

(Tara, how many times have I told you? Refer to him as sir. He's not your friend.)

"Saanvi , Tara bhi mujhe sir bulayegi kya? Tara , you call me whatever you want. We are friends, okay." Vihaan said, dragging out the word friends.

And just like that , Tara's face broke into a smile. She spoke to him about her school and the new friends she made. Vihaan listened to her with the utmost concentration.

"Tara , chalo baccha. It is getting late." Saanvi held her hand indicating it is time to leave.

Vihaan got up from his knees, coming face to face with Saanvi.

"Goonight Saanvi. Goodnight Tara. Take care." He said, with the same smile he gave her in the parking lot.

"Bye Viaan."

"Goodnight sir , thank you." With that , Saanvi held Tara's hand tighter and made their way to the lift.

*************************************************

I hope you guys like the chapter! Let me know your thoughts in the comment section. Thank you!