Chapter 9

The moment Vihaan's eyes landed on Saanvi, he was floored. Dressed in maroon, she let her hair down and had sneakers on. She looked relaxed. Vihaan wanted to get out of the car and open the door for her, but she strictly told him not to do that. It irked Vihaan that he wasn't tending to his date properly, but this was what she wanted.

"Hi, sir." Saanvi greeted him as she sat in the car.

"You look beautiful, Saanvi. I got you flowers." She turned as red as a tomato because of the compliment, and she definitely wasn't expecting flowers.

"Thank you, sir. They're beautiful."

"Saanvi, will you do me a favour ?" She nodded her head positively.

"Please stop calling me sir. We're on a date, yaar."

"I'll try." That was good. Vihaan was happy with the progress they made so far.

                                   ----------------------------------------------------

"You brought me to an amusement park?" , asked Saanvi.

"Yes. Do you like it?" He prayed that she did.

"I love it." She whispered. " Why is there no one here, though?"

"Oh, I rented the park and also made it into a carnival night. There's no one here except us and a few of my staff. We've got everything, rollercoasters, haunted house, swings, a photo booth, cotton candy and so much more."

Saanvi's jaw hung open. He rented the park! She blushed at how thoughtful he was. A part of her was concerned about people seeing her with her boss, but he planned everything thoroughly. He bought her to an amusement park, a carnival night!

Vihaan took note of the look on her face. She was surprised, there was a twinkle in her eye. She seemed to like what he's done.

"Pick our first ride, Saanvi."

She picked out the haunted house for their first stop. From there, they went onto the rollercoaster, bumper cars, and stopped for some rainbow popcorn. Vihaan saw glimpses of the relaxed Saanvi and Saanvi had to keep reminding herself to not let her guard down. They later went on to a couple more rides, such as the drop tower and the pirate ship.

Vihaan quietly managed to snap some photos of Saanvi before he worked up the courage to ask for a selfie. To his surprise, she didn't hesitate. Instead, she fixed her hair, ready to pose for a photo with him. He wanted them to take photos at the photo booth, but quickly decided that it wasn't the right time.

After a while, Vihaan and Saanvi were sitting on a swing set with cotton candy in both their hands. Vihaan grazed the temporary tattoo on his hand, matching the one on hers. He clutched the soft toy closer to him, the same soft toy Saanvi won him minutes ago playing balloon darts.

"Tara would love it here."

"We'll bring her here next time." Saanvi didn't miss the confidence in his voice. He was so sure there would be a second date.

"You look gorgeous, Saanvi." Vihaan had admired her before, but the moonlight reflecting on her face was making it difficult for him to not gawk at her.

"You've said that before."

"I have, yes. You haven't commented on how I look. Do I look bad, Saanvi?" He faked being hurt.

"You-you look nice." Nice was an understatement. Saanvi hadn't seen a man more good-looking than him in years.

"Just nice? Okay." His pout became deeper.

"Good. You look good." A smile made its way to Vihaan's face. He was on cloud nine because of her compliment.

"Thank you, Ms.Kashyap." He replied, teasing her.

----------------------

Vihaan and Saanvi now stood face to face in front of her apartment complex. Their date had to come to an end, much to Vihaan's dismay.

"I had a good time today," Saanvi spoke, "Thank you."

Vihaan was painfully aware of her fingers, they were just an inch from his. He could move his fingers slightly and enclose her hand within his.

Control, Vihaan. Don't be stupid.

"Thank you for saying yes, Saanvi. I had the most wonderful time. I'll see you at the office tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Vihaan." Was she trying to kill him? She gave him her real smile, she called him by his name, and now she was walking away like it was no big deal.

Vihaan couldn't move from his spot for a good five minutes. His mind kept replaying tonight's events. He put his hand on his heart to calm it down.

He was excited for tomorrow to come and their relationship to grow. 

**********************************************

Oh what? That's a double update? Yes it is! I know a lot of y'all were excited for their date. I kept it very short and sweet. Please vote and let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

P.S: How do y'all like the new cover?