Chapter 6

Vihaan Roy was tired. Tired of suppressing his feelings for the woman who's worked for him since 2 years. Tired of not being able to shout out his love for Saanvi Kashyap.

He spoke too much yesterday and thought it best to open up. Open up and let Saanvi know how he feels about her. He was scared she'd run , she'd quit but he knew , if he wanted her, he'd have to fight. He'd have to atleast try. He needed to figure how to approach Saanvi without scaring her.

He got up exiting his cabin to see Saanvi's cubicle to be empty. She was probably at conference room getting ready for a meeting. He made way to the kitchenette on his floor and started making chai for his girl. She, unlike himself, was a chai fanatic.

The doors to the lift opened revealing Saanvi ,

"Chai?" Vihaan asked, 99% sure she wouldn't deny. Chai was her weakness.

"Aapne banayi hain?"

"Haan."

Taking a sip, she marveled at how it tasted. Not too sweet, not too bitter. The perfect taste.

"You make really good tea, sir." Vihaan had to physically stop himself from grinning like an idiot. The love of his life gave him a compliment for the first time.

"Thanks. Um, I was thinking we have lunch together today , in my cabin. We could go over the Zain Industrial's files." Please say yes. Say yes.

"Those reports have already been sent to you via mail , sir. I'll have the physical copy to you within 15 minutes." Saanvi said subtly denying his invitation for lunch. However, It didn't deter Vihaan. He should've known, his Saanvi stays on top of everything.

At the end of the day, Vihaan called Saanvi into his cabin.

"Take a seat, and please let me finish what I'm about to say to you. Try not to misunderstand me Saanvi."

Saanvi nodded but her mind ran miles per second. Was he firing her? Why would he ? They were a good team together.

"Um so, there's no easy way to say this but here goes nothing." She could see the sweatbeads forming on Vihaan's formed. What was the reason , she didn't know.

"Saanvi , I want to get to know you better. I want us to be more than a boss and  assistant. I want us to share a relationship outside the place. I'd like to take you out on a date if you'll allow me."

Vihaan took a deep breath in after letting that out. The look on Saanvi's face scared him. It was black and he worried if he sent her into shock.

"Sorry?" He was relieved to find she wasn't in shock.

"Saanvi, I'd like to take you out on a date. Will you allow me to?" His tone was too pleading but he didn't care. If he didn't fight for his love , who would?

"Why?"

"I like you , Saanvi. I think we'd be good together. I'd like us to explore us outside of work." Vihaan thought it was too soon to drop the L bomb. She seemed too nervous already.

"One date. If it doesn't work out. We'll go back to the way we were." Lie. A date would ruin him. He could never go back to the way things were.

"If it doesn't work out , I'll never speak of this. I'll even transfer to you another department if its too uncomfortable for you to continue working here."

A painful ten minutes passed, Saanvi didn't utter a word. Vihaan was afraid she would hate him. That would crush his heart. He could somehow live with a rejection but her hatred would bury him. Vihaan could now hear his heartbeat.

"I- I'll think about it, if that's okay." Saanvi spoke so softly that he almost missed it. Almost.

"Great! Of course ! Take all the time you need! That's great! Thank you, Saanvi!" He almost jumped around like a kid in the candy but sobered up when he realized Saanvi was still in the room and he couldn't let his over enthusiasm affect her decision.

"Alright," he cleared his throat, "you can go, Saanvi. See you tomorrow."

The minute she stepped out , he throws his fist in the air and grabbed his laptop searching for first date ideas. 

********************************************

The 6th chapter is out!!! I hope y'all like this one!  Let me know your thoughts in the comments. 

Please do consider following me on ig: