Chapter 15

"You look a little bothered." Saanvi stated.

It was 10 minutes into their drive and Vihaan looked a little disturbed.

"Well, it is just that...um.."

"Vihaan, batao na."

(Vihaan,tell me)

"Okay okay. My bua is here and she's known for ruining happy events. She always finds something to bicker about and passes remarks. That why I'm a little worried."

(Bua = aunt )

"You're worried that she'll say something wrong to me?"

"Yes." He admitted feeling defeated.

"She's just one of those relatives. Always complaining and judging everyone." Saanvi knew those types very well. She experienced all those first hand a few years back.

"She appeared out of  nowhere this morning. Apparently fufa ji has some work in this city so they decided to surprise us. I even thought to cancel the- "

(Fufa ji= uncle)

"Vihaan?"

Taking a deep breath in, he answered, "yes?"

"Will you be by my side the whole time?"

"Where else am I gonna be? I'll be right by you."

"Good. That means I can face anything and anyone."

                              ------------------------------------------

Stepping out of the car, Saanvi stood gaping at the house infront of her.

"Acchi hain na?" Vihaan asked standing next to her.

(It's nice no?) 

"Bohut."

( a lot)

"Come on. Let's go in." He tugged her hand pulling her gently inside the house.

"Saanvi! You're here!" His mother greeted her like she's known her forever.

"It is so nice to meet you." Saying that, Vihaan's mom took her into a hug. Saanvi immediately hugged her back feeling the warmth radiating off of her.

"Nice to meet you too aunty. Maa ne aapke ke liye sweets banaye hain." She handed over the packet.

(Mom made you some sweets.)

"That's so sweet. I hope to meet her soon." 

Vihaan's father came downstairs the very next second and welcomed Saanvi with the same warmth his mom did. He also teased the couple her how Vihaan would always have a dreamy look talking about her.

Hearing that, Vihaan whined and Saanvi quietly blushed.

They were seated on the couch, talkin and that's when Vihaan's bua makes an appearance coming down the stairs. Her footsteps so heavy and heavy kajal lining her eyes, her aura gave off not so good vibes.

Saanvi stood seeing her as a sign of respect.

"You're Saanvi?" She look at her from top to bottom as if she was being inspected.

Vihaan didn't like that one bit but he didnt say nothing to not ruin the atmosphere.

"Yes, bua ji. She's my Saanvi. My girlfriend." Vihaan answered his bua's question.

"Hmm, theek."

(Okay)

His mother, not wanting her sister in law to speak anything further ushered them to the dining room for dinner.