Chapter 16

As soon as they stepped into the penthouse, Vihaan pulled Saanvi into a hug and expressed his regret over how their night went so far.

"You know, I really did like the dinner." Saanvi stated, still intact in his arms.

"You did?"

"Yes, apart from your bua that is. Your parents' place is great, they were so easy to talk to, the food was so tasty and most of all, I really like your parents. They're so sweet and receiving."

"They really like you too. My mum's probably already planning our wedding." Vihaan said making Saanvi giggle.

" I like it when you giggle."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

His forehead was now resting on hers. Saanvi couldn't look into his eyes anymore feeling overwhelmed because of his intense gaze. He placed a kiss on each of her eyes, her cute button nose, both her reddened cheeks , her forehead and coming back down to place a final one on the corner of her mouth.

He pulled apart a little to be met with her flushed face and her eyes closed.

"Open your eyes, sweetheart." Saanvi gladly listened to him, her heart beating too fast. 

"You look so edible when you blush."

Saanvi gasps pushing away by his chest making him chuckle.

"You've become so shameless."

"No darling , I'm a man in love."

Saanvi huffed and crossed her arms.

"Accha, chai piyogi?" He asked her.

(Okay, will you drink chai?)

"You know it always a yes."

He took out the ingredients for chai while Saanvi made herself comfortable on the kitchen island.

He worked skillfully cutting up some ginger and crushing the cardamom. He gave it attention like it was some sort of international project. Saanvi couldn't help but stare at him and was quickly caught by Vihaan. She tore her eyes away from him.

"Stare all you want, love. All this is yours."

"I wasn't staring." She defied his statement.

"No?"

She stayed silent unable to oppose further or accept it. 

"I'm glad you find me attractive enough to stare at. Otherwise, you'd never used to look at me for more 30 seconds. You maintained eye contact when we'd talk and that was it. I was afraid that you didn't find me good looking."

That made Saanvi pout. She always thought of him as good looking.

"That's not true. I did look at you."

Her confession startled Vihaan. Chai was now forgotten. He had to get to the bottom of this.

"Tell me more."

"I always found you handsome, from day one. And yeah, maybe I never outright stared at your face but I- I would look at your hands."

That earned her a confused expression.

"I like your hands. Whenever you are mad, that vein in your forearm pops, just like it did an hour ago. I like your smile. You've the best one. I hated it when you got upset, that meant, I would not get to see your smile."

That huge revelation had Vihaan grinning from ear to ear.

"You like my smile?" He questioned, wanting to confirm it.

"Yes , you're one of the first person to be kind to me after what I went through. You never once judged or pushed my boundaries. I wanted to see you smile, always. I'd pray to God to keep you happy."

That made Vihaan's eyes watery. He pulled her closer, holding her face in his hands.

"I'm happy, Saanvi. All thanks to you." She placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Vihaan?"

"Hmm"

"I think the chai is ready."

                                    -------------------------------------------- 

They were seated on the balcony looking over the city skyline, both their chai cups empty.

Saanvi was snuggled into Vihaan. They both were sitting in silence broken by occasional kisses.

"Vihaan?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

Vihaan went still beside her not able to believe what he just heard.

"Say it again."

"I love you, Vihaan."

"You do?"

"I do."

Vihaan still didn't seem to believe it. He asked her to pinch him which she didn't.

"I've been wanting to say it to you for a few days now. I'm so glad I'm applied to being your assistant. I feel very lucky that you fell in love with me. You've showed me that I'm capable of being free again. Tonight , I saw a glimpse of the old Saanvi, talking to your bua. I don't just stay silent and ignore anyone's taunts anymore. Most importantly, I've never been happier and for the first time in a long time, I want to be selfish and have this happiness for a lifetime and I want to make you happy as much as you make me."  

Both of them now had tears in their eyes. Clutching onto each other, Vihaan moved Saanvi onto his lap. He wiped both their tears off and rubbed her back.

"You're my guiding light, Vihaan." Saanvi said kissing his temple.

"Can I kiss you, sweetheart?" Vihaan asked causing Saanvi to nod.

"Words, baby. Use your words."

"Yes, kiss me."

Her positive response had Vihaan placing just lips on hers. The kiss was soft and warm, a million butteflies errupting within both of them.

"I love you soo much, sweetheart."

"I love you soo much too, Vihaan." 

***************************************************************

OmG ! SAANVI JUST RECIPROCATED HIS FEELINGS!!! My babies are in loveeee. Do vote and comment 

Two more chapters to go and this story is gonna wrap up! 

P.S it was a huge task writing that kiss scene! 

Connect with me on IG: x.wanderlustwrites.x