Chapter 14

Saanvi was once again standing infront of her mirror pinning the dupatta on to her dress. Her mind went reeling back to the conversation she and Vihaan had 2 days back.

The couple were sat in Vihaan's car, looking over the flower field. They both had seen the sunset and managed to click some photos. Vihaan had brought them for dinner at this underrated restaurant just outside the city.

"Vihaan, I've to talk to you about something."

"Tell me." He said turning his body towards her.

"So, I was thinking to quit working as your assistant after a while."

She looked at him waiting for a reaction but he just nodded wanting to hear more.

"A part of it is because of the relationship we share now, I won't deny that but the bigger part that plays into this decision is that I want to now steer into web designing."

"Saanvi, that's great. I'm so proud of you. You're going to get to do something you really love." Vihaan's encouraging words brought a huge smile onto her face.

Saanvi leaped forward throwing her arms around him and pecked his cheek.

"I do. I love designing. I feel like this is the right time to expand my career." 

"Anything you want , Saanvi. I'll always have your back, you know that." Vihaan said placing a kiss on the back of her palm.

Saanvi knew Vihaan would always support her. His unwavering confidence in her gave her the strength to take this step.

"Oh and, I told my parents about us." Vihaan said, on their way back him.

"What did they say?"

"They're excited to meet you. Maa has invited you to dinner this weekend."

"Oh."

"Saanvi, I haven't confirmed anything with her. I told her that I'll ask you. If you're not ready to meet them yet, I can make up an excuse. Don't stress your pretty mind about it."

Hearing that only validated her choice in selecting Vihaan as her partner. He was kind and caring and always understood her.

"I want to meet them, Vihaan. I'll be there this weekend."

"I'll let mum know. She's so happy I found you." He said, kissing her fingers.

"Do they know about Tara?"

"Of course they know about Tara. I've shown them her photos. Mom and dad are already making plans to spoil her."

"Do they know about everything?" She asked, making sure nothing from her past was left out from them. Vihaan was now aware of what was going through her mind.

"Yes Saanvi, I've mentioned it to them briefly and frankly speaking, they care about our future and our happiness. Dad says he's going to steal my place and be Tara's best friend."

"What did you say to that?"

"Try." Saanvi chuckled at that making Vihaan's eyes soften.

"Do you know what mum said?" She shook her head.

"She said that you sound like the strongest woman and the most amazing mother."

"Sach?"

(Really?)

"Yes, my love and I naturally agreed with her."

"What time will you pick me up?" 

                                             -----------------------------------------------

"Mamma", her daughter's voice brought her back to reality.

"You look pwetty." Tara was looking at Saanvi with starry eyes.

"Thank you, baby."

"Mamma, aap Vihaan ke saath jaa rahe hon?"

(Are you going out with Vihaan?)

"Yes baccha."

"Oh." Tara sounded disappointed.

Saanvi knew she was hoping to tag along with them but she wanted to meet his family first and get aquainted with them. She didn't want Tara to be overwhelmed with new people, something Vihaan also agreed to.

"Tara, you remember how Vihaan came here a few weeks back for dinner?" Tara shook her head nodding.

"So now I'm going to meet his family. You can accompany us some other day, okay?"

"Okay, mamma. You have fun." Saanvi nodded.

Her phone went off with a text from Vihaan saying that he's reached her place.

After a much needed pep talk from her mother and a million reminders from Tara to say hi to her new best friend, she made her way downstairs. 

                                                -----------------------------------------

"How do I look?" She stood before Vihaan,who was leaning on the car.

"I need an oxygen mask."

"Why?"

"Cause you just took my breath away, sweetheart"

"Vihaan!"

"What? You should've given me a warning." Her cheeks reddened further clearly flustered.

"You look ravishing, Ms.Kashyap."

"You look ravishing too, Mr.Roy." Now it was Vihaan's turn to blush. He was dressed in a green knit Polo sweater and white trousers.

"Ab, chalo."

(Lets go)

"Nope," Vihaan said, "let's postpone and spend time together." He was quite taken with her appearance. He saw her dressed in traditionals for the first and was about to lose his mind.

"No, Vihaan. Let's go. I want to meet your parents.

He sighed and opened the door for her. Settling himself in the driver's seat, he started driving them to his parents' place. 

******************************************************

Ooooh Saanvi is  meeeting her future in-laws!! Please do vote and let me know your thoughts! 

To everyone who's been added my book to your reading list, I hope you read it one day and shower some love on it ♥️

Connect with me on Instagram : x.wanderlustwrites.x