Epilogue

6 months later:

"I understand, Kritika. Main aunty se baat karoon? Accha teek." Saanvi was on the phone speaking to Kritika.

(Should I talk to aunty? Alright )

Vihaan appeared into the balcony with a tray consisting of chai and biscuits. He placed it on the end table and settled on the swing next to his wife.

"Don't worry. Everything will be alright." She moved closer to Vihaan leaning onto his shoulder.

"Chal, I'll call you later, okay? Take care."

"Was that Kritika?", asked Vihaan.

"Yeah. Her parents are persuading her to get married and well, you know how it is." Saanvi said to which Vihaan only nodded.

The couple sat in silence sipping on their chai. Vihaan had so far fulfilled his promised of making her a cup of it everyday. A month after he proposed, they got married in a small wedding ceremony at the temple. Saanvi wore a pink saree with her hair filled with flowers and Vihaan wore a white sherwani with pyjamas. Saanvi had always dreamt of an intimate wedding and Vihaan delivered just that. He was strictly against his bua attending the ceremony and only close relations were invited. They kept it limited to their parents, Tara, Kritika and a few cousins from Vihaan's side 

"You know," Saanvi broke the silence, "you never did tell me how you feel in love with me."

"Ahh yes. I never did tell you that."

"Tell me, now." She demanded.

"You really want to know?" A twinkle shone in his eyes.

"Yes."

"I think it was two weeks after you joined. I started to develop a crush on you. You remember I'd send you home early, sometimes?" Saanvi nodded. Back then, she thought it was her lack of knowledge of work that made him send her home early.

"I was really impressed by you during the interview. You were nervous, yes, but you also seemed so determined and you answered every question with confidence. After I hired you, you were always so professional, willing to learn, and you owned your mistakes without any excuse. I started to admire you which slowly turned into a crush."

"And? When did it turn into love?" Vihaan chuckled at her eagerness.

"Patience, sweetheart." He pecked her lips and continued. "I honestly don't know how or when I fell in love with you. I can't pin point the exact moment."

 "How do you not know? Not fair!" Saanvi expressed with a frown, pulling away from Vihaan. He was quick to tug her in by her shoulders.

"Saanvi, my love, falling in love with you didn't hit me like lightening. It was like the smooth landing of plane. I didn't know when I touched ground and by the time I realized, I was more than happy to have my feet touch the soil again. I felt peace knowing I was far from the uncertainty of being up in the air. I embraced my feelings for you and not for a moment, did it feel odd. It was like-"

"It was like finding home, right?"

"Yes, sweetheart. Exactly like that." She laid her head on his heart and hugged him tight.

"I love you, Vihaan."

"I love you more, wife." Vihaan loved calling her his wife. During the initial days of their marriage, he'd to talk to anyone and everyone just so that he could introduce Saanvi to them and call her his wife.

"Papa, I'm bored." Tara emerged from the living and climbed on to Vihaan's lap.

"Tara, did you finish your homework?" Saanvi asked.

"Mamma please. Kal Sunday hain. I'll do it tomorrow."

(Tommorow is Sunday) 

"Haan Saanvi, meri bacchi ko pareshan mat karo." Vihaan too agreed with his daughter.

(Yes Saanvi, don't trouble my daughter.)

"Dono ke dono ek jaise hain." Saanvi muttered.

(Both of you are the same.)

"I heard that."

"Good. You spoil her too much."

"I spoil you too." Vihaan replied with a playful glint in his eyes.

"Papa, kal naani ke paas jaana hain. Aap jaldi uthna, okay?"

(Dad, we have to go to grandma's tomorrow. You wake up early , okay.)

"And mamma, you have to braid my hair. I want fishtail braid, okay?" Tara practically ordered her parents and jumped off of Vihaan's lap getting back to her cartoon.

"Yes ma'am, will do." Saanvi replied while Vihaan nodded.

Vihaan pulled her over his lap and kissed her head. Saanvi rested her head near his neck and placed a kiss on his jaw.

"The sunset is so pretty, isn't it?" 

"Very much so." Saanvi turned to Vihaan to see that he was looking at her.

"You're too cheesy, Mr. Roy."

"You're too gorgeous, Mrs.Roy." 

******************************************************

OMG!!!! The book is over! Saanvi and Vihaan have gotten their happily ever after! Do vote and let me know your thoughts! 

Please do read the THANK YOU NOTE in the next part. 

Connect with me on IG: x.wanderlustwrites.x