Chapter 12

A week has passed since Saanvi agreed to grow her relationship with Vihaan. Day by day, she was feeling lighter, she had a bounce in her step. Her colleagues have also noticed the glow on her face and that always put her in state of worry. She didn't want anyone talking about her personal life. Vihaan, thankfully,was more than understanding. He knew how low and mean people could get.Therefore, their relationship was kept well under wraps during their work hours.

Sometimes, Saanvi went the extra miles and didn't even give him her professional smile. That irked Vihaan to no extent. He sat her down spoke about how they'd navigate their existing relationship and assured her that he'd never tolerate anyone spewing shit about her.

"Saanvi, chalo. Time for our evening chai." Vihaan held up two mugs in hands

(chalo = let's go)

4 pm, on the dot, Saanvi and Vihaan would have chai in his cabin. Seeing that it was only the two of them on this floor, and she was his assistant, Saanvi agreed there was no harm in having a cup of tea together. This made Vihaan happy and she smiled at how the smallest of things mattered to him.

They were sat in his cabin, sipping their tea.
"Vihaan, thank you for being patient with me. I know I'm a lot to handle but -."

"Let me cut you off right there, sweetheart. You're not a lot to handle. I love being with you and I love you being in my life. Don't ever thank me for being with you, Saanvi. That's what I've been destined to do."

Saanvi was quick to jump onto him engulfing him in a hug. She rested her head on his shoulder, a whimper escaped her mouth.

"Aise mat ro, Saanvi. It breaks my heart."

(Don't cry)

He clutched her tighter, placing soft kisses on her head, and she calmed down after a good five minutes.
"Chalo ab. Let's leave. I'll be at your place in a few hours for dinner." Vihaan said.
                                                  -----------------------------------------

Holding flowers in one hand, he knocked the door with another. Saanvi's mother invited him over for dinner tonight and he was elated that their relationship was going stronger. He thought about how Saanvi was opening up to him day by day. She was also the first one to initiate hugs between them. The door opened revealing Tara.

"Hi Viaan. Come inside."

Vihaan got in and knelt down to her.
"Hi baccha. These are for you." He handed her a bunch of chocolates which earned him a big grin. 

"Thank you!"

"You're here." Saanvi eyed the chocolates in Tara's hands and gave Vihaan a playful glare to which he shrugged.

"Are they for me?" Saanvi asked eyeing the flowers.

"Um, no." Vihaan answered causing her to pout. He, then, pulled her cheeks chuckling.
Vihaan handed the flowers to her mom and the party of four settled at the dining table. 

Before Saanvi's mother could serve him food, Tara spoke up.
"Viaan, aap kya khaoge?"

(Viaan, what will you eat?)

"Jo bhi aapne banaya hon?" He answered her.

(whatever you made.)

"Par mein toh bacchi hun na, I didn't cook anything." She shook her head negatively.

(But I'm a kid, I didn't cook anything)

Vihaan bonded with Saanvi's mom and Tara throughout the dinner. Tara and him kept the conversation alive.