Chapter 11

Saanvi was arranging Vihaan's desk. He wasn't in the office yet. She woke up to a text from him asking about her health. She decided she was going to come clean.

"Saanvi, you're here. Are you feeling good now?" Vihaan was surprised to find her in his cabin. He was also a little hurt she didn't reply to any of his text messages.

"I lied. I wasn't sick. I was scared to face you after our date."

Vihaan relaxed knowing she was well and smiled at her childishness.

It was now Saanvi's turn to be annoyed.

"Why are you smiling? Is it funny?"

"No. It isn't funny. You're just really cute." Saanvi huffed to prevent her face from going red over his compliment.

"Come here, Saanvi." Vihaan took a seat on the couch and patted the space next to him. Saanvi walked over to him and sat down.

"I get that you are confused but there is no need to be scared." He scooted closer to her and was relieved to find that she was comfortable with it.

"Let me make my intentions clear. I asked you out on a date because I've feelings for you and I genuinely feel that we'd make an amazing pair. The rest is up to you but I want you to know one thing. If you decide to give us a chance, I'll make sure you'd never have to face anything alone. I'll be by your side, always. I'll make sure to keep you and Tara safe and happy." Saanvi blinked her eyes a few times to stop the tears from spilling. His words hit her hard.

 "I- I was thinking, I mean, I've decided I want to explore us. I-." Saanvi didn't know how to explain what she wanted. Thankfully, Vihaan understood her conflict.

"Saanvi, let's have dinner tonight. Okay?"

"Okay." Vihaan was taken aback by her positive response. He thought she'd hesitate but seeing her agree gave him confidence to fight for his love.

"Oh and Saanvi, I lied about the car too. It got fixed the very next day."

                                              --------------------------------------

It was 8 pm in the night, and they were still at the office. Work overtook their dinner plans and they found themselves dealing with an emergency. Vihaan felt guilty that their night didn't go per their plan but he decided to make the best of the situation and ordered in food.

"I got your favourite, Pasta and Garlic bread."

Saanvi's heart burst with happiness. She didn't know how he knew that was her favourite but she wasn't going to ask. Vihaan knew her. She was suddenly brought down by the fact that she didn't know much about Vihaan's likes and dislikes. Sure , she set his schedule and sometimes ordered food for him but she knew him the way an assistant knows their boss. She wanted her to know him.

"What do you like to eat?" 

"Well, I'd like to eat you." Her heart skipped several beats. Vihaan, himself looked shocked by his answer.

Both of them chose to finish their dinner in silence. Awkward glances and small smiles filled the atmosphere.

"Saanvi, want to dance?" She looked up to his palm forwarded towards her.

"I don't know how to."

"Me either. We'll learn together if it's okay with you."

"Sure." With that, she found her self in his arms. His palm enclosed hers and his other arm was placed on the small of her back. She couldn't bring herself to look him in the eye.

"Look at me please." He pleaded.

Her head snapped up and she found herself painfully aware of his eyes boring into hers.

"You're absolutely bewitching, Saanvi. I can't take my eyes off of you." Her face flushed making Vihaan chuckle.

"You're adorable." He continued . 

"Stop." Saanvi wasn't used to this sort of admiration. Vihaan, thankfully stopped not wanting to overwhelm her.

                                      ----------------------------------------

At 11 pm , they both stood face to face infront of Saanvi's building.

"Thanks for dropping me , si-, Vihaan.' Saanvi was still getting used to call him by his name. She, however, told him that she'd address him as sir in the office.

"There's nothing to thank me for. I'd do anything for you."

A few minutes passed and neither of them moved from their spots. Vihaan stood, silently cherishing his love and Saanvi was looking everywhere but him.

"Can I hug you?" To say that Vihaan almost fainted was an understatement. He didn't expect her to initiate any kind of physical contact but here she was asking him for a hug.

Vihaan lifted her chin, "you can hug me anytime you want, sweetheart. I'm all yours."

Saanvi's cheeks reddened due to endearment but she made no move. Sensing her hesitation, Vihaan circled his arms around her shoulders and sensed her arms moving around his waist. With her head resting on his chest, he was sure she could hear his heart going crazy.

"Is this okay?" She innocently asked.

"This is more than okay. This is great." His response made her hug him closer.

A few seconds later, they parted from one another and Saanvi noticed how the tips of ears had turned pink.

"Goodnight, Vihaan."

"Goodnight, Saanvi. Sweet dreams." 

*************************************************

Omg!! My babies just had their first hug! Please vote and comment and share your thoughts♥️

Also, connect with me on IG: x.wanderlustwrites.x