6. The Library

The next morning Marilyn woke up to the sound of Pansy blow drying her hair. She turned over and checked the time on the clock that sat on her bedside table. 7:30. Shit. She only had 30 minutes until she needed to be down for breakfast. 

"Oh you're up!" Pansy cheered from her closet. "I would have woken you earlier but I didn't know if you wanted to sleep in"

"No I didn't set my alarm" Marilyn rubbed her eyes. 

"I'm sorry gal. Let me help you pick out your clothes" 

And with that, the two girls began getting Marilyn ready to make it to the Great hall for breakfast.

The great hall was lively with chatter from the students. Pansy and Marilyn walked over to the Slytherin table where Draco and Blaise were sitting. The girls sat down and shortly after, the breakfast appeared on the table.

"Looks like you just made it on time." Blaise said, pushing the French toast to Pansy, knowing it was her favorite.

"Yeah my alarm didn't go off. Where's Theo?" Marilyn asked, wondering why he hadn't shown up. Theo never liked to miss a good meal.

"He's off talking to Daphne Greengrass. He shagged some other girl last night and the girl told Daphne, now she's all mad at him." Draco explained as he piled some eggs onto his plate.

Marilyn's insides boiled. Unbelievable. What was all that weird tension between them then? It was so frustrating. They had a tense and bit suggestive interaction, only for Theo to fuck some other girl not even an hour later. She tried to eat but she could barely take a bite. She was quite annoyed at the git. She knew who he was so why was she even upset about this? Marilyn looked over to where Daphne usually sat and saw Theo sitting next to her. He was putting his hands up in confusion. Of course he was confused. Only Theodore Nott wouldn't see the malice in this situation. She was angry at herself for feeling any sort of attraction to the weasel. She didn't know when they had started fighting less and flirting more, but that was going to end. 

As Theo made his way back to the table, Marilyn turned back to her food. 

"How'd it go mate?" Blaise chuckled at Theo as he slumped down and started eating.

"The women at this school are absolutely insane" Theo groaned.

"Oh yes because it's so insane to want your sexual partner to be loyal" Pansy rolled her eyes.

"I never told her we were exclusive."

"God Theo how much more thickheaded can you be?" Marilyn scoffed. "If you don't know how to respect women or even be decent to them, you shouldn't be sleeping with them." Marilyn retorted.

"I do respect women. They want to shag, and I happily fulfill that wish." Theo argued with her. "Some girls just don't understand hookups."

"Girls understand hookups. Some guys just don't understand human decency"

"Don't get mad at me just because you can't find anyone willing to sleep with you."

"If you don't even know how to be nice to the girls you fuck, you obviously don't know how to fuck them."

Theo scoffed and narrowed his hazel eyes at her.

"I know how to fuck, West" 

Marilyn rolled her eyes. She opened her mouth to argue with him but pansy interrupted.

"Okay... that's enough let's go to class." Pansy laughed awkwardly.

"Well we had a few nice days without the two of them arguing" Draco sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After their full day of classes, Marilyn decided to go to the library, she wanted to get ahead on her classwork for the week. She sat down a table towards the back of the library. It was pretty empty, except for the librarian and a couple other students studying, reading or strolling the aisles. Books floated in and out of walkways, finding the place they belonged on their own. Marilyn opened a textbook and started her homework.

She had been working on an essay for a while now. Her hand was starting to cramp but she was determined on finishing her sentence. She furiously scribbled down the last of her sentence and dropped her quill. Rubbing her hand and grimacing at the cramp she'd received.

She looked down at her work and started to read what she had written. She had started reading the second page when she felt eyes on her. She felt as if she was being watched. She slowly looked up and of course there he was.

Theodore Nott. Across the library. Staring right at her. He gave her a little smirk, then grabbed his stuff and came to sit next to her. 

"You've been working on that thing for ages" He chuckled.

"Why have you been watching me you creep?" Marilyn frowned at the boy.

Theo just ignored her question. 

"What are you working on?" He asked her.

"Snape's essay on liquid death. Have you started?"

"Yeah I've already finished" 

Marilyn stared at him.

"Yeah I know Theo actually does his homework. Shocker" Theo rolled his eyes at her.

"No, I just didn't know you were a giant nerd is all" Marilyn shrugged. Theo grabbed her paper playfully and started reading it. 

He gave her a couple notes that Marilyn did not take well but after a couple "Who do you think you are?"s and "You can't spell for shit's, Marilyn's essay had never looked better.

"Theo this is perfect!" Marilyn shouted. She was quickly shushed by the other students in the library.

"That was so boring" Theo groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, Marilyn was tossing and turning in her bed. She couldn't fall asleep. Since when was Theo a potions whizz? And since when did he want to help her? She couldn't figure it out. Why were they hanging out all of the sudden? Actually it wasn't even hanging out. He had helped her with her homework. Marilyn decided that the only way to figure out what was going on with them was to see him. 

Yes, that's what she needed. She needed to see Theo and just talk to him. Maybe things would make more sense. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theo was sitting up in his bed reading. His roommates were fast asleep but he just couldn't sleep. Moments later Theo heard a soft knock at the door. He got out of bed to open it.

It was Marilyn. 

"Fancy a smoke?" She asked shyly.

Theo smiled and shut the door on her.

Marilyn frowned. That ass.

The door quickly opened again but this time Theo was tucking a joint behind his ear.

"Astronomy tower?" He asked her quietly shutting the door behind him.

Marilyn nodded and with that, they set off for their smoke spot.