12. The ball

It was time for the ball celebrating Theo and Draco's initiation to the death eaters. All the wealthy, pure-blood Slytherin families would be there. Pansy, Marilyn, and Blaise were not the only Hogwarts students that were attending as guests. There were a few other Death Eater families that had children at Hoogwarts.

Marilyn was in her room at the West Manor, pacing. She was nervous, she couldn't believe it was already time for the ball. Her birthday was coming up in a few weeks and soon, she would be initiated into the Death Eaters. A knock at the door interrupted her state of panic.

"Lynnie, are you dressed? We have to leave for Malfoy Manor soon." Her mother called from outside the door. 

"Yes mum you can come in" Marilyn responded.

Her mother walked into the room, standing behind Marilyn, who was facing the mirror. 

"That dress fits you very well." He mother smiled as she brushed Marilyn's hair.

Marilyn sighed. She wanted to please her parents so bad. They had been nothing but good to her. When the time came for her to learn about the death eaters, her parents expected her to follow their footsteps. 

"I've been thinking about my own initiation and I'm really nervous

"I've been thinking about my own initiation and I'm really nervous. What if they ask me to do something I can't." Marilyn mumbled.

"There's nothing you shouldn't be able to do for the dark lord. Remember this is for keeping our world safe. It is much bigger than you." Her mother scolded her. Marilyn's parents were firm believers in the dark lord. All of the families in the death eaters were the dark lord's true followers, believing in a world that exists primarily of pure-blood wizarding families. Only the rich ones though.

Marilyn and her mother met with her father in the kitchen of their large home. Her father reached his arm out for Marilyn. She took it and with a loud CRACK, the family disappeared, having apparated to Malfoy Manor.

At the ball...

"Lynnie, thank god you've arrived" Pansy grabbed her hand, bringing her to the kitchen. "You're going to LOVE me" Pansy whispered and she pulled a flask out of her dress pocket.

"I DO love you" Marilyn whispered back and the girls took a swig from the flask. Marilyn crunched her face, disliking the taste of Pansy's hard liquor. 

As the girls walked out into the ballroom of Malfoy Manor, their eyes twinkled, reflecting the light from the huge chandelier that hung mightily from the center of the ceiling. The room was filled with pure-blood families dressed in their best dresses and suits. An initiation ball was extremely important if you were thrown one. Only the richest of the richest families threw their children an initiation ball.

Marilyn and Pansy had found Blaise in the ballroom he was standing at a table with his mother. 

"No mother, I'm sure all the men are here with their wives." Blaise groaned.