2. The Train

The whistle of the Hogwarts Express blew loudly as the train pulled away and headed toward the school. Theo, Blaise and Draco had found a cabin and were waiting for the girls to join them. The 5 of them had been riding in the same cabin on the train since they were first years.

The cabin doors slid open and in walked Pansy followed by Marilyn.

"Ahh welcome ladies" Theo spoke in a sultry voice as the girls sat on the seat across from the 3 boys.

"Okay and that's my cue to leave" Blaise chuckled as he got up and left the compartment. 

"Any guesses to where he's off to?" Marilyn smirked. "Place your bets ladies and gents"

"I'll put a galleon on Luna Lovegood" Draco nodded. 

"I'll take that bet. I think he's gone to see miss Weasley" Pansy shook his hand.

"What about you Nott? Too poor to bet?" Marilyn nodded her head at the Slytherin boy, knowing damn well Theodore Nott was anything but poor.

"Don't project onto to me darling. I know where he's gone so it wouldn't be fair to bet" Theo sneered at Marilyn. 

They had always had a complicated friendship. They were never quite as close as the other members of their Slytherin club. Often getting on each others nerves and having to be separated by Pansy or Draco. They were both stubborn. Too stubborn. Too stubborn to apologize to each other when someone made a remark that maybe had gone too far. This was why they weren't close. If you asked them they weren't even friends. Just 2 people who ran in the same group and teased each other endlessly.

"Then tell me where he's gone" Marilyn said narrowing her eyes, annoyed with Theo's cocky behavior.

The brown-haired boy got up from where he sat on the opposite side of the cabin and leaned over towards Marilyn. He towered over her and he dropped his head toward her ear. She could feel his warm breath on her neck as he whispered the location of their friend Zabini.

Marilyn's eyes widened. 

"THAT'S where he is?" She rolled her eyes and she pushed Theo back into his seat and turned to Pansy, who had watched their whole interaction but was unfazed by it. This was common between the two. "I WISH I could tell you Pans but you shook on it"

"It's only a galleon Lynnie and maybe I'm right. We'll just have to see" Pansy giggled and she sat back messing with the bangs of her short black hair. 

A few more minutes went by of the group chatting and updating each other on their week. They often visited each other over the summer as their parents all "worked together" so there wasn't much to update everyone on.

Suddenly the compartment doors slid open once again and Blaise Zabini walked in with a wide grin on his face. 

"Moment of truth everyone" Draco retorted.

"So Blaise, where were you?" Pansy asked eagerly.

Blaise sat down between the blond boy and the brown haired one. "Just getting some festivities for tonight" Blaise grinned as he reached into the pocket of his cargo pants and pulled out a small bag of weed. "That Longbottom fellow sure knows his way around a plant"

"Dammit Zabini" Pansy groaned "We bet a galleon to see if you'd see Luna or Ginny." 

Blaise erupted in laughter. "I did run into Ginny on the way back. That's what took me so long."

"Hand it over Ferret" Pansy held her hand out in front of Draco.

"No way Edna Mode. That does NOT count" Draco scoffed at the short haired girl.

"Judge rules, hand it over Draco" Marilyn argued.

"Yeah come on Draco you can afford it" Pansy pleaded with the boy. 

"As Mr.Malfoy's lawyer, since the bet clearly states that Mr. Zabini was to see either girl with the purpose of seeing them only, this does not stand and my client owes Miss Parkinson nothing" Theo interjected. And Draco and Blaise laughed loudly.

"Overruled. Judge says Draco cough it up" Marilyn smiled sweetly at Theo. The Slytherin boy scoffed and rolled his eyes sticking his tongue in his cheek.

"Fine, it's just a galleon" Draco growled and tossed the coin to Pansy who gave Marilyn a kiss on the cheek.

"Always on my side"

The train screeched to a halt and the gang stood up and gathered their things. They had made it to Hogwarts and the school year was starting.