16. 20 candles

"Happy birthday Lynnie!" Pansy gave Marilyn a big hug. They were standing in an empty three broomsticks along with Draco, Astoria, Blaise and Theo.

"I don't get it?" Marilyn questioned.

"We're going to PARIS!" Pansy cheered. "Madam Rosmerta closed the bar so no one would see us, we're going to Floo to Paris for your birthday!"

"Oh. My. God. NO WAY" Marilyn yelled. She gave Pansy a hug back. "Thank you I LOVE YOU!" She turned to the boys, pulling them all into one group hug. "Thank you guys too"

"Happy birthday Lynnie" Blaise grinned.

"How'd you get Madam Rosmerta to close down the pub just for us?" Marilyn asked.

"Draco's got charm for miles" Theo snickered.

Blaise patted Draco on the back and Draco grinned.

The group each grabbed some floor powder, transporting themselves to Paris for Marilyn's birthday.

~~~

They arrived in Paris in a hotel, used solely to house wizard and witches, hiding in plain sight.

"We've got to go get everything ready for your dinner Lyn, You two should go wander the city." Draco stated and with that, he, Astoria, Blaise and Pansy set off to prepare for Marilyn's dinner.

"This is perfect actually, I want to buy a new dress to wear tonight while we're here." Marilyn exclaimed.

"Alright let's go then birthday girl." Theo said and the pair exited the hotel, heading toward some shops and boutiques.

They entered a small boutique near the hotel.

"Bienvenue!" The shopkeeper smiled at the two. She was a little old lady, drinking tea from a teacup.

"Salut, comment allez-vous?" Theo asked the woman. Marilyn looked at him.

"bien, merci" The old woman chuckled.

"You know French?" Marilyn asked.

Theo shrugged.

The pair browsed around the shop.

"What are we looking for?" Theo asked her.

"Not sure, I know I want a dress."

"What color?"

"Not sure, what color do you think I should wear?"

"Red."

"Okay look for red."

The pair browsed for a while longer. Marilyn grabbed a few red dresses.

"I'm going to try theses on, will you sit outside the fitting room and help me decide?"

"Sure."

~~~~~

Marilyn chose a long sleeve, dark red dress with an open back.

"What about this" She asked as she stepped out.

"Hmm no"

Marilyn went back into the stall and changed into a red and gold dress.

"what about this one?" She asked, stepping out of the room.

"You're not a Gryffindor." Theo stated, shaking his head.

"You're the one that said red" Marilyn grumbled before going back into the stall to change. As she was changing out of her previous dress, she heard a knock at the door.

"Try this one" Theo's voice came.

Marilyn cracked open the door, taking the dress he was holding out for her. She tried it on quickly.