The Arrival

"if you don't get you butt to the car in 1 minute we are leaving you here lu" Kim shouts from the doorway

Lucy quickly shoves her clothes into her bag and runs down the stairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Lucy shouts as she runs through the door and straight to the car.

The Simmons family was on their way to Cousin where the Fishers beach house is located. Kim drives while Lucy was in the passenger seat and her little brother, Jackson was in the back.

Lucy looked out the window watching the trees pass by waiting for the 'Welcome to Cousins Beach' to pass. Lucy knew that when they passed that sign they were only 15 minutes away from her happy place and her happy people.

"Alright you two I don't want any trouble this summer, which means if I tell you to be home by a certain time make sure you're home by than and don't come home trashed" Lucy's mom said

"of course mother I would never do any wrong" Lucy said in a sarcastic tone.

"Ma does this mean I can actually go out to parties this summer?" Jackson says from the back seat

"As long as Lu or Con is with you I don't see why not" Kim replied

Lucy turned to the back seat and gave Jackson a warm smile. She was happy that he was finally old enough and mature enough to go out with her. She would make it her goal to show her little brother a good time this summer.

~~~~~~~~~

About an hour later the car pasted the 'Welcome to Cousins" sign and Lucy knew she was home. All her life she has been coming to this place and to this house. She had a gut feeling that this summer was going to be different since she would be attending Emerson College in the fall and Conrad would be at Brown. She knew that the kids of the Fisher beach house were growing up but hopefully never moving on from this place.

The Simmons car finally turned into the driveway of the beach house. It looked the same as all the summers before but the people living in the house were different.

The car pulled in behind the Conklin's car. They always beat us here it was almost a tradition for them to get her an hour or so before the Simmons arrived. Lucy's mom honked  her horn to alert everyone that we are here.