Birthday Party

I came back to the house an hour before dinner started to get ready for dinner and the party we are going to afterwards. I put on a pink and nude flowery sun dress, and I kept on my high top white converse. I was able to avoid seeing anyone while getting ready but I knew it would be impossible to avoid everyone at dinner. So I took a deep breathe and made my way downstairs.
Everyone was already sitting at the table when I came down.
"Sorry I'm late I was struggling to pick me dress." I said while taking my usually seat which was between Conrad and across from Jeremiah.
"You look great Lu!" Jer said to me.
From the corner of my eye I saw Conrad give Jer than me a weird look.
"Taylor you look amazing! How are you?" I say to her
Conrad laughs and repeats the three words 'how are you' for only me to hear.
"I'm fine Lucy you look amazing too. Oh wait here is your flower crown" Taylor said to me
"Oh this is so pretty I love it" I say
Belly invited Cam Camron to dinner and we were all officially meeting him for the first time. I didn't pay attention much about what was being said at the table. I think they were talking about Belly eating meat and kissing Cam and how it's gross, I don't know. I was only focusing on Conrad and making it through this dinner.
Dinner was over and we all went to our bedrooms to get ready for Nicole's party. I went into my room to touch up my makeup and to get away from everyone before enduring the rest of the night. Well that was until I heard a knock at the door.
"Hey Lucy it's Jer can I come in?"
"Umm ya sure" I call out
Jeremiah than walks in and I continue to act like i'm fixing my makeup.
"What's up Jer is very one ready to go?" I asked
"No Belly and Taylor still need a few more minutes" he says
"Oh ok than what's up everything ok?" i ask
"Oh umm well I just wanted to talk about last night and the um you know?" he says
"Ya umm I'm sorry if I gave off the vibe but you know I'm about to go to college and I'm going to be meeting a bunch of new people so I'm not really looking for anything. Also I don't want to ruin our friendship Jer. You are one of my best friends hand the thought of hurting you or you hurting me would kill me"
"Ya sure I was going to say that it was weird today and I didn't like it, I rather have you as a friend if that means we will never not be in each others life. But if I'm being honest with you Lu I'm always going to love you like there will always be a part of me that will." Jer says
"I get it Jer and I never want us to hate each other. Could we just hug now and go back to normal?" I asked
Jer than smiles and brings me into a hug.
"Alright let's go check and see Belly and Taylor are ready." Jer says while hugging me
Jeremiah and I knock on Belly's door and asked and they were ready and they were so we all headed to Nicole's party.

~~~~~~~

We walked in and Belly got pulled into the into the other room by Nicole and the other debs. Jer and I found the drinks and made ourselves some mixed drinks.
"oh shit Jer please never be a bartender this is so strong!" I say to him
"Hey it will get the job done won't it?" he tells me
I laughter at him and take a big gulp of my drink. I looked around and saw Conrad talking to some friends and Belly sitting on the couch with Jackson and Cam Cameron. Steven and Taylor were no where to be seen. But I saw some of Belly's deb friends started singing a song from Grease. Jer and I than jumped in since both of us were a little bit tipsy. I than pulled Jackson up and we started dancing. Jer was singing to Belly and Jackson and I were dancing around until Cam Cameron jumped up and started singing with Jeremiah. Belly rolled her eyes at us and got up and left the room. We continued dancing still I could feel the sobriety coming back so I left the room to make another mixed drink.
I walked into the kitchen were all the alcohol was and of course Conrad was to. I quickly grabbed a bottle of tequila and took a few shots before making my drink. After the third shot Conrad came over to me.
"Hey there I think you should slow down" Conrad said.
"You think so? I don't know I think I might keep going" I tell him.
"Ya I do cause if you come home tonight and your trashed your mom will be pissed." Conrad says in a matter of fact way.
"To be honest I don't really care. I'm going to do what I want, cause to be honest I don't care what you think and what you want" I tell him
"Ok ya sure you defiantly don't care what I think" he says
"whatever Connie"
"hey how about you go outside and talk" he told me
"Ok fine but let me make a drink first than I'll go outside" I go am make a drink for myself and head outside with Conrad.
"So Con shag do you want to talk about?" I ask him
"Well I kissed you yesterday and you haven't spoken to me since so..." he says
"Ya I didn't talk to you on purpose cause you see what was I supposed to say" I say
"I don't know what I excepted you to say I just thought you would say something" he told me
"Well Conrad what me to talk, I'll talk 12 hours before you kissed me your brother kissed me so that's cool. Oh and I know that you have feels for Belly and for some reason still kissed me. So Conrad that's what I have to say"
"Wait what? Jer and you kissed, do you know what I don't care cause you and him seem fine but I just want to know why you can't wrap your head around the fact that I might like you, I might have feelings for you" his voice started to rise.
"Conrad can we please stop talking about this I don't want to talk about our feelings I just want to have a fun summer and get ready for school ok Conrad. I'm don't talking about this" I snap at him.
"ok fine we won't talk about it anymore that's fine Lucy." Conrad hissed at me
Just than we heard Jeremiah call us over to play pong with him. So we walked over and acted like we never kissed or talked or anything. Oh I wish it wasn't like this. I wish I could just tell him that's i'm madly in love with him and when he kissed me I never wanted him to stop. But I couldn't, I couldn't do that to Jer or to Belly or anyone and have us ruining everything. So instead I will just put my feelings aside and act like everything is perfectly fine. Like always.