Cancer

Is it possible for a person to be in love with two people at the same time? Gosh I wish it wasn't, I wish you could only love one person and that was it.
The dance came to an end and Conrad and Belly stood there for a second. I might of been the only person to see it but they just looked at each other in amazement. But that's when I noticed Jeremiah and Jackson. Jackson has tears running down his face and was looking over at me. Jeremiah walked pass me and straight over to Conrad. Things happened so fast and all of a sudden Jeremiah punched Conrad. Susannah appeared and broke up the fight.
"We know!" Jer said
"What?" Susannah said looking at both of the boys.
"About the cancer..."
Everything went black, did he just say cancer? Wait does that means Susannah's cancer came back? But we would of noticed. Right?

~~~~~~~

I sat in my bed and starred at wall across from it. I wasn't crying I just was nothing. That's when my mom came into the room.
"Lu?"
I didn't answer.
"Hey Lucy"
I didn't answer.
"Lucy?"
"Did you know? about the...cancer" That word slithered out of my mouth and it stung the back of my throat.
"Ya, she told Laurel and I in the spring"
"Why didn't you tell us?"
"Susannah didn't want you to know. She wanted one last summer I'm sorry" My mom's voice started to break. That's when Jackson came in with tears running down his face. They both walked over to me and sat down.
"How did I not notice?" I say quickly.
"Cause she didn't want you to notice" my mom says pulling me into a hug. That's when I broke. Tears poured down my face. Jackson joined in on the hug and we all sat there and cried together.
"How did you do it?" I ask.
"Do what?" my mom says
"carry this"
"To be honest I didn't. I broke down when you weren't looking and struggled the whole time" she tells me.
"I'm sorry mom, I love you"
"I love both of you so much"
We sat on my bed for what felt like hours crying and holding each other. We didn't speak, we just knew what each of us needed.