I Love you

We got to the party and walked in all together. But once we got inside we all split up. Steven went straight to Shayla, Jeremiah was flirting with a group of girls, Jackson joined in on a game of pong. And of course Conrad stayed with me. We didn't say anything to each other. It's like we both known there was alot unsaid that needed to be said. He was on his phone texting someone and I thought it would be best to break the silence.
"I'm going to go get a drink" I tell Conrad, hoping he wouldn't follow but he does.
"So how was being home?" he asks we walk over to the drinks table.
"Good, ya I basically just laid on the beach the whole time"
"Oh? If you wanted to lay on a beach why not do it here?" He says
"I just needed to get out of the house that's all" I say as I pour myself a mixed drink.
"Was it because of me, and how we almost?"
"No Con, actually part of me wanted to stay to see if what almost happened would actually end up happening.But me and Jer got into a fight and I just left like things needed to settle before him and I saw each other next. That's all."
"Wanna tell me what the fight was about" he says
"Honestly no. We talked and we moved on and we are friends again. That's all that matters"
"I get that. And good I'm happy you guys are friends again. The house had a weird vibe when you were gone" he tells me.
"I bet the house missed me" I say and we both start laughing, until Jackson runs up to us.
"I have to leave I'm taking Jeremiah's car" Jackson says frantically.
"Huh? What do you mean she needs you?" I ask.
"Her and Taylor she said they are in the side of the and need me to go pick them up" he says
"she called you?" Conrad says and I look over at him and he seems almost disappointed.
"I'm coming with you" Conrad than adds.
"Ya me too" I say, and before I knew it I was in the car with Conrad following Jackson to get Belly and Taylor.
It took about 10 minutes to find them on the side of the road wrapped in a tarp. I got out of the car and ran over to them.
"What the hell happened?" I ask the two girls.
"Nicole got mad at Belly cause Conrad was texting her" Taylor said.
What? Conrad was texting her? What was he saying that made Nicole react like this? I'm so stupid for thinking he didn't have feelings for Belly. I'm so mad at myself.
Jackson than came over and handed them a bag of clothes.
"Here Nicole handed these to me on my way out. Oh and she told me to tell Conrad that he's a dick" Jackson says relieved to see Belly ok.
Jackson and Conrad than held up the tarp as Taylor and Belly changed. I heard them whisper about who's going in who's car. Once they were changed we started walking towards the cars. Belly went with Jackson which made me happy but that also meant I would be in a car with Taylor and Conrad. I was so upset about Conrad texting Belly that I almost missed what Taylor said to him.
"You need to leave her be Conrad, you only bring negativity to her life when you try to be in it." Once she said that I looked over at Conrad who didn't say a word.
When we finally go back to the house I got out of the car and went straight to my room. I didn't want to talk to Conrad. I didn't want him saying everything I wanted to hear and continue to spin me in his web. Once I got to my room I broke down. I fell on the floor and cried. It felt like someone had shoved their hand into my chest and was trying to rip my heart out. This is what it feels like to be heart broken, this is what it feels like when someone you love so deeply it pains you loves someone else. That's when I heard a knock at the door.
"Lucy?" I turned my head with tears running down my face to see Conrad standing there.
"Get out!" I tell him.
"What's wrong Lu?" he walks over to me and crouches down so we are eye to eye.
"What's wrong? Ha! Everything is wrong." I say getting up so I don't let myself fall into one of his traps.
"What do you mean? Can I do anything?" he says as he gets up and steps closer to me. This makes me back away.
"You can't do anything. Cause I love you, I have loved you all my life. And when I say love I mean real love. Like I constantly think about you and if you happy and if your ok. And I worry, I worry that you aren't happy. I love you so much that I would be willing to be hurt if that means your happy. Conrad I am in love with you" I say as more tears come out.
Conrad just looks me, and the room goes silent.