Home Sweet Home

There was two days until the debutante ball, and I promised Belly that I would be there for it. So I packed my bags and started my drive back to Cousins.
FLASHBACK TO 2 WEEKS AGO
I got into my moms car and drove. I wasn't thinking and I ended up driving straight home. It's was around 1:00am when I got there, so I got out of the car and went through the garage. As I stepped through the door my dad came running down the hall with a bat in his hand.
"Dad! It's me Lucy!" I shout.
"what the hell are you doing here?"
"I wanted to come home for a little bit I missed this place" I say
"What you missed this place? I have never ever heard you say you missed home during the summer" I said
"Well dad to be honest I don't want to talk about it. I'm going to go up to my room and get some sleep" I say
"Ok Lulu, but I expect to talk about this in the morning"
"Of course dad. night" I say before heading up stairs and going into my room.
I was so tired from the day that I felt asleep right when my head hit the pillow.

~~~~~~~

The next morning I would up to my mom calling me. Oh gosh I didn't tell her I was leaving and I took her car without asking. So basically I'm dead.
"hey mom"
"Where the hell are you?"
"I'm mom, I'm sorry for taking your car I just needed to leave" I say
"What the fuck Lucy you can't just take my car without asking and you can't just get up and leave in the middle of the night like that" she shouts through the phone
"I know I know. I'm sorry mom I really am. But trust me I needed to leave" I tell her
"This morning when Belly went into your room and didn't find you and she came downstairs and took us she couldn't find you, we all started freaking out. Than of course I noticed my keys and car were missing so we really started freaking out!"
"I'm sorry mom"
"Stop saying your sorry and just tell me why you had to leave" she said in a stern tone
"Well to make a long story short about three weeks ago Jeremiah admitted his feeling for me but I told him we should just stay friends. So than Conrad and I kiss and that really took me for a loop. Than last night Conrad and I almost ed kissed again and Jer saw it and got really mad at me. He took me he never wanted to speak to me again or see me again. So i left"
"Oh" my mom says
"Ya oh is right" I tell her.
"Well I understand why you left but next time just come to me and ask. Cause let's be honest I will say yes"
"I know mom, and I plan to come back for the deb ball. I want to see Belly" I say
"Ok good she was worried. Alright I'll tell everyone your safe and you just went back home"
"Thank you, oh wait I have a question" I say
"yes what is it?" my mom asks
"How did Conrad react to me not being at the house?"
"Lucy I'm not going to be your middle man. If you want to know you should call him. Also I think you need to call Jer and talk to him too." She says.
"Ya I know. But i'm going to wait a few days and let things settle before I do."
"Ok Lu I'm talk to you soon I love you"
"I love you too ma" I say and than hang up. That's when my dad knocked on the door.
"Hey Lucy Lu" my dad said while holding a plate of pancakes, bacon and eggs.
"Is that for me?" I ask
"Why yes, yes it is" he hands me the plate
"So i'm assuming you were just eavesdropping on me and moms call" I say while taking a bite of bacon.
"Am I really that predictable." my dad says
"Ya you are well at least that means I don't have to repeat everything I just said to her to you" I say.
"Very true Lu. See I just make your life easier. So what's the plan today kiddo" my dad asks.
"I think I'll going to the beach, read a book get a tan" I say
"Oo sounds fun, I am working today. Which I know sounds way more fun than going to the beach" we both laugh.

~~~~~~~
PRESENT DAY
The drive went by quickly, which part of me wished it lasted a little longer. As I pulled into the driveway of the beach house I didn't honk, I wanted to walk in and not make it a big show. So I grabbed my bag and went into the house, and of course of all people to bump into first it's Conrad Fisher.
"Lucy!Um hi I didn't know you were coming back today" Conrad said awkwardly
"Ya I figured why not. Just more time to hype Belly up for the deb ball" I say
"Well um ya cool! We all Belly and Taylor are upstairs getting ready to go on Nicole's boat and the guys are in the living room just hanging out" he tells me
"Ok cool, well i'm going to say hi to Belly"
"Ya um actually Shayla is throwing a party tonight if your up to it you should totally come" he says
"Are you going?" I ask. I have no idea why I would ask. I definitely sound so desperate.
"Well I was debating but if you go I will 100% be there" Conrad says with a smile.
"Than I will be in attendance" I ask before grabbing my bags and walking up the stairs to my room. I throw my bags into my bed than go into Belly's room.
"Hellooooooo" I say
"Lu your here!" Belly runs over and gives me a big hug.
"Hey there Lu." Taylor waves.
"Hey Tay"
"So ladies how was the volleyball tournament?" I ask
"Spicy if you ask me" Taylor says
"What do you mean it was spicy?" I ask
"Well Taylor 'hurt her ankle' so I had Jackson sub in for her and we did great at first but than he kinda started lacking so I switched him to Conrad" Belly informs me.
"Oh wow. did you guys win?"
"YES! I'm so pumped!" Belly cheered
"congratulations Bell" I say.
"So fill me in on anything else that has happened since I left" I tell them both
They tell me all about Steven making it official with Shayla and than dropped and how Belly still doesn't have a date to the deb ball. Than they dropped a bomb on me.
"So Belly I think you should tell Lucy about what's been going on with you and her little brother" Taylor nudges Belly.
"Wait what?" I ask
"Well the other night J and I were swimming and we might of kissed" she says in a giddy tone.
"No way!" I yell
"Yes way" Taylor yells back.
"OMG OMG!! So he will be your date to the deb ball?" I ask
"Well I haven't asked him cause I don't know if he would even want to" Belly says
"Bells you have to ask him the moms will go crazy over the two of you going together" I say
"Ok than I'll ask him tonight!" she says