Date Crashers

The next morning I woke up in my bed alone. Conrad was no where to be seen so I got up and jumped in the shower to wash off the smell of fire. After my shower I put on a cropped tank top and a white skirt. I didn't have a plan for the day so I figure I was go cute but comfy. Once I was dressed I made my way down stairs to find Susannah sitting at the counter.
"Well hello Lulu you were just the girl I was looking for! Do you have any plans this morning?" Susannah asks
"No actually what do you need me for" I say while grabbing a apple from the fruit bowl.
"Well I want you paint you first since your the oldest I figure I'll go oldest to youngest" she informs me.
"Umm sure you can paint me is what i'm wearing ok? cause if you need me to I can go change" I tell her
"what your wearing is perfect I want you to look like your beautiful self" she tells me
Susannah and I walk outside and she has me sit down in front of her easel.
"Alright I'm going to get started now so don't move so much until I'm done" she tells me
"ok sounds good!"
Susannah and I had a special relationship, I was the first born and a girl. I got her all the myself for a few years before Belly came. We became so close which led to me and her boys being even closer. She always told me I was destined to marry one of her boys, and she would say she knew which one I would end up with but would never share which one.
"So I saw Conrad and you had a little sleep over last night" Susannah says while mixing colors together to get the perfect shade.
"Ya once we were back he came into my room and asked to sleep in there, i didn't say no cause he seemed like he needed someone" I say trying not to move to much
"Whatever Conrad needs someone he always wants you to be that someone even when it's not summer. We can all see that he's comfortable with you be truly he himself" Susannah says
"I don't know about that, I just think last night I was the only one awake so he came in that all"
"Your blinded than Lulu, we can all see it" Susannah says while stroking the brush back and forth.
"I might be cause I really don't see it" I tell her
After an hour and a half Susannah was finally finished with the painting. She didn't let me see it and told me I had to wait she also informed me that Belly accepted the invitation to the deb ball so her, my mom, Laurel and Belly are going shopping. She invited me to join and I told her I wanted to get a jump start on my tan.
Once the moms and Belly left I went upstairs and changed into my bikini garbed a towel and sunblock and made my way outside. The sun was hot and there were no clouds in the sky. Jer and Steven were at work so I basically was all alone, well that was until Jackson came out and joined my tanning session.
"hey J, late start to the day huh?" I jokingly say to him
"I am so hungover it's not even funny, like I woke up 2 hours ago and just laid in bed cause it hurt to move" he tells me
"Well so hope you had fun last night"
"I did, I met this girl and well i'll just say I don't kiss and tell" Jackson says with a smirk on his face
"oh wow my baby brother had his first kiss how sweet. I hope you enjoyed it cause that's all your allowed to do, Understand!" I tell him
"Well first off it's wasn't my first kiss, I got that over with last summer. And second I know and yes I do enjoy it" Jackson says while taking a seat in the chair next to me.
"gross I don't want to talk about you kissing girls and no I don't want to know who your first kiss was with" and before I could finish my sentence Jackson interrupts.
"Molly Hills, I met her at the club"
"please for the love of god stop talking" I beg

~~~~~~~

Later in that day the boys and I were sitting in the living room waiting to leave for Laurel's book party. I sat the love seat with my feet dangling off the side of the couch scroll mindlessly on my phone when I saw Belly walking down the stairs look hot.
"damn Belly you are looking every nice for your mom's party, are you trying to impress someone?" My eye quickly look at Conrad but no one noticed.
"Actually I am going on a date" Belly says while checking herself out in the mirror.
Everyone was now looking at Belly.
"damn bells you look hot" Jeremiah tells her, he continues to look back at her admiring her beauty before Steven tells him to knock it off. Conrad looks back at her for only a second before turning and acting as if no one was there.
"Belly you do look really nice though" Steven tells her
"So where are you going on this date" I ask while getting up and walking over to her.
"We are going to the drive in"
"Ooo you know what happens at the drive in" I move my eyebrows up and down and start puckering my lips.
"Hey miss.Emerson if you don't stop i'll hit you for real" Steven says to me
"Fine fine I'll stop but Belly make sure you have chapstick no one likes chapped lips" I say to her while giving her a warm smile.
Belly's phone buzzed and she looked at it and told us her date was there, we wished her luck and off she went. I was proud of my little Bellybutton for going out and having fun, she deserved it. I mean she about to be 16 I think it's time you starts having fun with boy. Well as long as those boys aren't Conrad cause that would he heartbreaking.

~~~~~~~

I was sitting with Steven, Jackson and Jer counting down the minutes until Laurel's booking signing was over. It's not like we weren't proud of her of course we are it's just this isn't a party a bunch of teenagers have fun at.
"If you had to pick any super power to have which one would it be?" J asks
"Mmm, this is a good question J  I would want teleportation. I mean think about how easy my life would be it I would just snap my fingers and be somewhere" I answer him
"Honestly same here, cause than I would be home and snap my fingers and just be here in Cousins, or even better snap my fingers and be in like Europe" Jer says
"Look at that Jer we are twins" I tell him as I put my head on her shoulder.
"Personally I would want super strength cause than no one would mess with you" Steven tells us
"Steven who messes with you now?" J asks
We all start laughing when Conrad walks over and sits next to me, putting me squished between him and Jeremiah.
"We need to do something, let's get out of here" Conrad says
"and do what?" I ask
"We could get hit what the weed guy with the dreads" Jer offers
"Oh ya that could be fun" J says
"ya no J not happening!" I tell him
"What if we went to the drive in" Conrad says
"the drive in? But that's where Belly is at, and if you don't remember she's in a date with a boy. I don't think that would be a good idea" I tell him
"No i think it would be fun let's go" He says
"I'll drive!" Steven says
"Guys your dumb she's going to be so pissed at you" I warn them all, but before I knew it they were all standing and walking away to leave.
"Are you coming Lulu" Jer asks
"I rather sit here bored out of my mind than ruin this for Belly, I'm disappointed that you guys don't feel the same" I tell him
Jer looks at me with an embarrassed looks and walks away but I stay seated. There is no way I'm ruining her first date, also I think it's very strange Conrad wants to go and crash it. We easily could of figured something else out.

~~~~~~~

After the book reading the moms and I went out for ice cream before heading home. They ask me where the boys went and I told him and they had the same reaction as I did to it. We got home after the boy and they were all in their rooms. I decided to go into Conrad's room cause what he didn't wasn't sitting well with me.
"Come in" He says
"Hey Con I just had a question for you"
"Ok Lu what's up?"
"Why did you crash her date? like why did you even want to in the first place?"
"what do you mean Lu we had nothing else to do"
"No Con we could of figured out something else to do but for some reason you wanted to wrong Belly's night. I'm asking you why you wanted to do that to her"
"I didn't want to ruin her night" he says in an confused tone
"Well it seemed like it, it also seems like you feel a certain way about her" I tell him
"What the hell are you talking about Lucy! I literally slept in your bed last night and to be honest I was going to try to sleep in your bed again tonight" Conrad's voice was starting to get louder
After he said that I just looked at him than walked out of his room and straight into Jer's room without even thinking.
So him coming into my bedroom wasn't just cause I was the only one awake. And him sleeping in my bed was something move. But if Conrad liked me and only me than why would he give Belly dirty looks when she kissed Cam and why would he act like she wasn't there when she announced she was going on a date. And finally why would he want to crash her date.