Deb Ball

I finished straightening my hair and doing my makeup before putting my dress on. My dress was this beautiful salmon color and it looks great with my tan. I started looking for my shoes but I couldn't find them so I went down stairs to see if they were in the car. As I make my way I bumped into Conrad.
"Hey Con!"
"Wow..." Conrad says with his mouth wide open.
"I know isn't this dress adorable" I say.
"it's not the dress Lu, it's you" he says as his eyes wonder down my body.
"Oh? Well thank you! You look really handsome in your suit" I say but I was thinking how hot he looked in it.
I than made my way outside to the car and found my shoes. I ran inside and threw them on cause I knew we would be leaving soon.

~~~~~~~

Jackson and Steven ran inside once we got there so they could get ready. Conrad, Susannah, Jeremiah, Laurel, my mom, and I stood in the door way before going in.
"I'm so excited to see my Belly girl!" Susannah cheers.
"I know she's going to look beautiful!" my mom adds. We than all walk in together.
We take our sits and the moms go to get drinks.
"Wow! they really don't change how they set up each year do they" I say.
"No, I think when we went together it looked magical in here" Conrad says while looking over at me and smirking.
"Hey can I ask you guys a question?" Jer asks.
"Shoot" I say
"How you noticed that my mom has been sleeping a lot again, like as much as she didn't when she had cancer?" Jer asks with a concerned look on his face.
I than look over at Conrad confused by this question.
"She has been sleeping normally like she always does when she's relaxed and on vacation" Conrad finally says. I notice that he has a strange look on his face. It confuses me but if he says everything is ok than I believe him.
The moms than come back and the lights turn off signaling that it's about to start. Each girl comes out with beautiful white dresses on and their escort wearing black tuxes. Finally Belly is called, and she looks amazing. Personally I think she's the most beautiful girl there. Jackson when walks her over to our table and they stand with big smiles on their faces. Jackson has never looked this happy before. I look over at Conrad and he is looking at his feet. Why wouldn't he be looking at them? Part of me was very worried but I pushed it away. I wasn't going to ruin my night by over thinking. Steven and Shayla were than called out and they walked over to the table that Shayla's parents were at. The first part of the night was than over and we all clapped. Next all the escorts got together and did the dance they had been working on. And oh boy was it embarrassing. That ended and both Belly and Jackson came to our table and sat down.
"Belly you are the most beautiful girl here" I whisper to her. She starts blushing.
"Hey I'm not feeling so well mom" Jer says.
"Oh no! Let me go get you a ginger ale!" Susannah says.
Jer than gets up from the table and leaves. I found it a little strange but I didn't question anything.
After about 10 minutes of Jeremiah being gone Jackson notices and tells us that he's going to go look for him. Another 10 minutes goes by and both boys aren't back yet and the couples start to line up for the dance. Belly started going around asking people where Jackson was.
"Where the hell is Jackson mom?" I ask
"I don't know?" My mom said while looking around the room trying to spot him.
And that's when my heart broke into a million pieces. Conrad got up from his seat and walked over to Belly and took her hand. The music started playing and they started dancing. They looked magical together. Almost like they were the only two people in the room. That's when I knew, I knew that Conrad Fisher is in love with Isabel Conklin. And as I watched them dance my heart sank and my stomach turned. I never knew a heartbreak could cause you physical pain.