then sink the teeth and bat your eyes

Mai goes through your fridge, searching your freezer next. "You have, like, no meat!" She complains. Before you can say something, she speaks. "It's okay, though! I always bring some with me."

..?

"Huh."

She goes to your room and reaches into her bag, coming back with a small, black box. "I always carry meat with me!" She opens it and turns on your stove. "Wait, like, raw meat? You carry raw meat around?"

"Well, this is a chilling container, so ya."

"But.. like, why?"

"Because! Food!"

You both stare at her with completely blank faces. With a hint of worry, of course.

She dumps the thinly sliced meat into the pan. You both watch it sizzle beside her. "So.. what did you want help with?" Asa asks in an awkward tone.

"You guys have rice, right?"

"Uh.. Asa, we got rice when we went shopping, right?"

"Mhm. It's on top of the fridge."

"Oh! I didn't see it, oopsies! You guys make the rice."

Asa walks over to your fridge and grabs the rice off the top, grabbing a bowl and a strainer. "I'll wash it. We don't have a rice cooker, so just start boiling some water, Y/N."

"U-Uh.. okay.." You've never done this before.

While Asa and Mai deal with whatever they're doing, you begin to feel a bit stressed. You've never had to use a stove before since you'd usually just eat canned foods using the microwave. Possibly cat food once, but only once.

It wasn't that bad.

Anyways, you stare at the pot placed on the stove. How much water needs to go in it? What would be considered boiling? How long does that even take? Would you look stupid for asking? This is too complicated. It's making your head hurt. How do you even turn this thing on?

"Y/N, do you need help?" Asa asks while washing the rice.

"Buh.. uh.. um.."

"I'll take that as a yes. You don't have to help if you.. can't."

"N-No, I wanna help! I'm just kinda.. confused."

"Do you want me to do it for you?"

"..."

"Go sit by Chester and Melly, okay? Mai and I can cook and you can just relax with them."

"Okay.." You walk to the table and sit down next to them. They're quietly giggling, whispering things amongst themselves.

"Whatcha guys talkin' about?"

Chester waves at you to come closer, so you do.

"Duuude, have you ever thought about why cats don't have thumbs? I mean, we're superior.. so it'd make sense.."

"I agree with Chester.. erm.. we should have thumbs, too.."

"..And why do you have to whisper about this?"

"Ain't it true, though.. we should totally have thumbs.."

"Suuure.."

You hear a knock at your door.

Why would somebody be at your door?

You begin to get up, but Mai scurries past you and opens the door, hugging whoever's at the door. Huh.

The person walks in.

"..."

"HOW DOES DENJI KNOW WHERE I LIVE TOO?!"