and now look at 'em, look at 'em, now, look at 'em sting

The whole time walking there, you look down at your shoes and constantly tap your heart. You have a bad feeling about this and you want it to go away. You're also regretting saying anything, and you'd be a total pussy to back out now.

It's just Yoru. Sure, she's the War Devil, but she's not gonna kill you. This is just to train Asa's body, is all.

You just don't like the deja vu you're getting.

Once you all arrive at the field, Yoru begins walking off somewhere. Guess you're not doing it at the entrance.

You walk with her for a few minutes before she stops. You accidentally bump into her.

She turns her head towards you. "Take out your heart."

"O-Okay.." You reach into your chest and pull your heart out, holding it. "It's beating rather fast. Are you nervous, Y/N?"

"A-A little.. plus, I kinda don't wanna accidentally hurt you.."

"No worries. If I get hurt, I can drink your blood. I've been looking for an excuse, anyway." She says as she backs up.

"W-Wait, what?! Why've you been- AH!" She swings her sword right at your head and you duck, immediately getting kicked in the face and falling onto your back. "Ooww.. I haven't even put Chester and Melly down yet! Jeez!"

They didn't even seem to notice. Their high probably hasn't gone down. You place them down next to you and stand up, rubbing your nose. "You two, get away."

"I'm totally gonna be the commentary." Chester says as he trots away with Melly, flicking his tail left to right.

You wonder what weapon to use.

Hmm.

Simplicity is best, sometimes.

"Heart, form, set four." It takes shape into your longsword. You hold it in both hands, taking a deep breath.

"W-Wait, what do I do if I get hurt?"

"Figure it out."

Chester pulls a log over, using it as a table and placing his paws on it. He clears his throat.

"OOOON THE LEFT, WE HAVE OUR UNDERDOG, Y/N, THE HEART DEVIL! WILL SHE HOLD BACK?! OR GO FULL ON!"

This is so stupid.

"AAAAND ON THE RIIIIGHT, WE HAVE YORU, THE WAR DEVIL! WILL SHE ACCIDENTALLY KILL Y/N?! LET'S! FIND! OUT!"

That didn't help your anxiety.

Man.

BPM: 90

You examine your surroundings for a moment. There's a couple trees behind her, and more than a few behind you. There's tall grass to the left, but you don't know how far it goes.

"Are you just going to stand there?"

"I-I was just checkin' what's around me, jeez.."

You suddenly block her sword with yours, parrying it off yours. "H-HEY! I SAID DON'T AIM FOR THE HEART!" She kicks you back and smiles. "Calm down. This sword isn't strong enough to cut it."

You aren't risking that.

"Heart, return."

"Hey. Don't chicken out."

You stuff it back in your chest and put your fists up. "I'm not."

"FOLKS, Y/N SEEMS TO HAVE CHANGED HER MIND! THE SAYING, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, SEEMS TO BE TRUE!"