Chapter four

Pov. Storyteller

At dawn while Toty was found by humans what was left of the old clan that Toty belonged to was far away and scattered - they were all that was left of the small clan.

The wolves walked with their heads down, some with injuries to their backs, and heads - the wolves were in shock, not believing what had just happened to them.

Toty's uncle was now leading the group and had a head injury from a blow he had taken - the wolf with all his strength was trying to contain the pain but it was being difficult.

There were only 20 wolves left of the total that roamed through a forest of leafless trees and the ground covered with snow - Toty's uncle was in front and the rest of the group only stepped where he had stepped before.

The group walked aimlessly far away from their former home and the cold, the leafless trees and some wolves moaning in pain only increased the desolate atmosphere of that landscape. The snow had stopped falling and the sun was already on the horizon but it was still windy and cold.

In the middle of that aimless walk it was still possible to hear some cries together with some wolves swearing to return and take revenge on Actora and her Clan of foxes.

Where are you taking us? - Asked a wolf who was carrying a cub in her arms to Toty's uncle.

- Toty's uncle thought for a few minutes and said a little disappointed - I don't know!

Realizing that the morale of the rest of the wolves was low, Toty's uncle thought for a few seconds and said - Let's go in that direction, there are caves there.-

A fox was pulling the brother who was on a kind of wooden sixth, the brother having his right foot crossed by an arrow. The brother was moaning in pain, and kept moaning, and the other wolf was pulling the sixth one along with the rest of the group.

- Get that arrow out! - said the wolf groaning in pain.

The brother was afraid to take the arrow because every time he touched the arrow the other wolf asked him to stop.

How am I going to take it off if you tell me to stop every time?- Asked the brother

Take it off, it hurts a lot! - said the wolf

The brother let two tears fall from his eye and hugged the crying brother - he had lost his father, and mother

- I am going to try ! - said one brother to the other

The wolf that was pulling the sixth put its paw on the shaft of the arrow that had crossed the right foot and the brother started screaming in pain.

Don't pull that arrow! This will get even worse - said another wolf in the group who had the hair on his back burned.

He's in a lot of pain! - said the wolf who was pulling the basket.

Toty's uncle was forced to take some action and left where he was, and went to the two brothers that were the only twins left in the group. The brother took the cable of the arrow, and firmly held the paw of the brother who had been hurt on the foot and said - I'll be quick!-

Hang on ! - said Tora's uncle approaching the two

If you don't take it out gently, the end could end up inside his foot

- Take it off! - Shouted the wolf that had been hurt, showing its teeth and growling in pain.

A wolf rolled up a piece of leather and said to the wounded wolf - bite that hard!

You hold your brother's hand - said Toty's uncle

Beam your eyes! - said Toty's uncle

The wounded wolf narrowed his eyes and Toty's uncle very carefully took the arrow and pulled it hard, in the process both the shaft and the end of the arrow came off. The wounded wolf bit the cloth with all its strength, and even with the noise muffled by the cloth it still gave out terrible moans of pain.