Chapter 12

Pov. story teller

From inside the wooden cage, the wolf that had been trapped by Dyra’s clan watched in all directions looking for a way out, even though he was surrounded by foxes that watched over him, the wolf did not give up, and tried to find ways to get out of there because he knew that if
he continued there, he might suffer the same fate as the lynx and the fox that had been sacrificed  to the tribe's gods.

The same wolf was caged with a seven year old black fox, and the cage was in front of the two sacrificial altars and the two watched it all.

The fox was traumatized and did not react when the wolf spoke to him. The fox only nodded a yes or a no when the wolf said something to him.
-    Listen boy, we can't stay here, we have to work together to get out of here. - said the wolf to the  fox.

-    Boy! - said the wolf whispering a little louder.

-    Yes! - Said the fox shaking all over, having flashbacks of the sacrificed fox being gutted.

-    Are you peeing? - Asked the wolf watching the fox piss himself in fear again.

-    No! - The fox in shock denying everything.

The wolf looked around and the party was rolling on with some foxes dousing their faces with  drinks or smoking herbs, and mushrooms.

-    When they let their guard down, we'll run away from here. - said the wolf.

-    I do not want to die! - said the fox with wide eyes, as he looked towards the altars of sacrifice.

The fox didn't know if he was more afraid of being there and being sacrificed, or being trapped in a cage with a wolf, when foxes and wolves were rivals.

-    You're not going to die! We will escape from here! - said the wolf, trying to reassure the fox.

At the same time that the wolf uttered those words, a trumpet sounded, and the second stage of  the ritual would begin with the sorcerer fox pronouncing some intelligible words.

-    Oh no! - Thought the wolf realizing what was going to happen next.

Four foxes in armor adorned with skeletons approached the altars with the dead bodies, carrying  blades of sharp stones with them.

The sorcerer fox invoked the gods, and raised her hands up while pronouncing intelligible words and the group of foxes armed with sharp knives began to stab the  bodies, ripping off her cloth.

The wolf felt his blood run cold and the fox was even more in shock as he saw the dead lynx being  skinned.

-    Too bad the head was cut off.

-    Will make a beautiful blanket

"As good as a wolfskin," said some voices whispering in the middle of the crowd.

-    I do not want to die! - said the black fox with wide eyes.

-    No! I don't want to die! - Shouted the fox picking up the wooden bars

-    Help! - shouted the fox loudly as he began to cry.

While the fox was screaming, some of the other foxes like the fox who was carrying a club in his hand, began to smile.

-    Calm down, everything will be fine - said the wolf trying to calm the fox even though he was desperate

-    I do not want to die! - shouted the fox, punching the wooden bars.

-    You're drawing their attention - said the wolf, grabbing the fox by the neck.

-    I don't want to die, I want to get out of here! - shouted the fox seeing the chains of the two prisoners being removed.