CHAPTER FIVE: she dumped his ass.

When they got to Max's house, Kate saw Max on her skateboard

When they got to Max's house, Kate saw Max on her skateboard. She failed some trick and almost fell. Her skateboard rolled towards the girls. Eleven picked up the skateboard and Kate ran to Max. "Are you okay?" She helped her up and Max smiled. "Yeah, of course." Kate hugged Max and El stomped to them. 

"Hi." Max furrowed her brows. "Hi?" She looked at Kate, who shrugged. "Can we talk?" Max nodded and took them in her room. "And then he said he... he missed me. And then he just hung up." She explained. "He's a piece of shit." Max stated and Kate nodded. "What?"

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick. I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now." Kate nodded at Max's statement. "But friends don't lie." El shook her head. "Yeah, well, boyfriends lie. All the time." Her eyes widened. "That's actually why I have a girlfriend." Max looked at Kate, who winked at her. 

"You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist." Max started explaining as she sat down next to Kate. "Doesn't exist?" El asked. "He treated you like garbage. You're gonna treat him like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine."

"Give him the medicine." El repeated. "Mm-hmm. And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself, dump his ass." Kate was really glad, she never fought with Max right now. "Come on." Max grabbed El's and Kate's hands as she stood up. "Where are we going?" El asked her. "To have some fun." Kate immediately understood, what she meant. "There's more to life than stupid boys, you know."

They finally got to the mall and Kate looked at it in awe. "So, what do you think? Hey, what's wrong?" The two girls turned to Eleven. "Too many people. Against the rules." Max laughed. "Seriously? You two have superpowers. What's the worst that could happen?"

The girls ran in the middle of the mall and watched everything. "So, what should we do first You've never been shopping before, have you? Well, then I guess we're just gonna have to try everything. Ooh. Come on." She tugged on their hands. 

El looked at some shirt. "Do you like that?" She turned to Max and Kate. "How do I know... what I like?" She asked them. "You just try things on." Kate shrugged. "Until you find something that feels like you." Max added. "Like me?" She raised her eyebrows. "Yeah. Not Hopper. Not Mike. You."

After shopping for clothes, Kate and El were trying some heels on and Max lead them. El fell and some girls gave them dirty looks. Soon after that, they found them talking to some boys. El and Kate blew their drinks and ran away laughing. 

They found a photographer and changed into his jacket as they took photos. "That's it, girls! Okay, here we go. Wardrobe change, please! Wardrobe change! Thank you!" They changed into different outfits and took some more photos. "Shake it. Shake it out for me."

"Come on! See? What'd I tell you? There's more to life than stupid boys." They laughed and went to Scoops Ahoy! "Okay, here you go, you got a strawberry, chocolate and then a vanilla with sprinkles, extra whipped cream." Steve handed them their ice creams. 

"Thanks." The girls thanked him. "Wait a second. Are you two even allowed to be here?" They looked at each other and ran away, laughing. "You wanna trade?" Kate nodded and traded her ice cream with Max. "Oh, you've gotta be shitting me." Max tugged on Kate's hand as she started walking somewhere.

"Isn't this a nice surprise." They walked to Mike, Lucas and Will. "What are you doing here?" Mike dropped his bike as he looked from Kate to El. "Shopping." El replied, simply. "This is her new style. What do you think?" Max pointed at El. "What's wrong with you? You know she's not allowed to be here. Neither is she." 

"What is she, your little pet? And what is Kate? She's not a child." Max pointed at the two girls.  "Yeah. Am I your pet?" El said and Kate just nodded along. "What? No!" Mike denied. "Then why do you treat me like garbage?" El shot back. "What?"

"You said Nana was sick." El raised her eyebrows. "She is. She is. She is sick." He looked at Lucas. "Yeah, sick... she's sick. She's sick. She's super sick. That's why we're here, actually." Mike turned back to face the girls. "Yeah, we're shopping. Not for us, but for her, for Nana. Also, we're here to get a gift for you. Just, we couldn't find anything that suited you and I only have, like, $3.50, so it's hard."

"Super hard. It's... It's expensive." Lucas nodded along. "You lie. Why do you lie?" She stepped closer to Mike as he looked down. "I dump your ass." Kate's mouth fell open, as well as Max's. El walked to the bus and Kate grabbed Max's hand and took her to the bus too. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You must be an angel. I can see it in your eyes. Full of wonder and surprise... " Max sang as she danced and kept glancing at Kate as if she was singing about her. "Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." She said as she walked to El. "Macchio?" Kate knew who he was, Max already has shown her this guy. "Yeah, he's the Karate Kid. Hai-yah! He's so hot, right? I bet he's an amazing kisser, too."

"Ouch." Max giggled. "Don't worry, my love. You're the best one.  Hey, uh... is Mike a good kisser?" To be honest, Kate was curious. "I don't know. He's my first boyfriend." She looked at Max. "Ex-boyfriend." El looked down. "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness. I guarantee you, he is like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now. He's like, "Oh, I hope she takes me back." God, what I wouldn't give to see his stupid faces."

"What is it?" Kate and El looked at each other. Kate let El do it, because it was her ex-boyfriend and she didn't really want to see, what they were doing. "Is this really gonna work? Holy shit, this is insane."

"Max." Kate put her hand on the redhead's thigh. "Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry."