CHAPTER TWELVE: from Hawkins to California.

After Hopper's death, Joyce adopted both Kate and El

After Hopper's death, Joyce adopted both Kate and El. But she decided to move them to California. Kate doesn't really blame her. She went through a lot in this town. But it still hurt Kate. To leave her hometown. To leave her friends. To leave her girlfriend

She was packing the rest of her stuff, when she heard singing. "Turn around. Look at what you see. In her face. The mirror of your dreams. Rhymes that keep their secrets. Will unfold behind the clouds." Kate chuckled softly as she kept packing.

After a while, the singing started again. "Turn around. Look at what you see. In their face. The mirror of your dreams." Kate sighed. 

Someone knocked and Kate turned, just to see Max. "Hi." She smiled, weakly. "You need any help?" She sat down next to the brunette. "It's okay, I think, I have everything." Max nodded. Kate looked around the room and sighed. Max grabbed her hand and Kate fell into the redhead's arms. 

After everyone packed everything and put everything in the van, which meant one thing. Time to say goodbye.  The moment Kate feared came. Kate hugged Mike and promised to send one letter a month. Then she hugged Dustin, who promised, to call her and send letters every time, something new happens. Then Lucas, who made the same promise. And now the most important person. Max.

She walked over to her and wrapped her arms around her, crying even harder. "I'm gonna miss you so much." Kate cried in Max's shoulder. "Me too. Me too." Max assured her. "Will you call me every day?" Kate nodded as a response. "Of course." Kate glanced at Joyce, who nodded to signal, that it's time to go. 

Kate kissed Max's lips for the last time and walked over to Joyce. She lead her to the car. Kate knew this couldn't be the end, but it felt like it was. They drove away and Kate kept crying. She knew if she looked back, she wouldn't be able to stay in the car, so she closed her eyes and hoped to see them again.