Chapter 14. Invitation

HAERIN POV

The purpose of going to Dani's room was to invite her to go to my competition which is in a few days. Little did I know, she was wearing her clothes so I saw her naked. Trust me, I'm used to it but it was just unexpected. And how dare she say nobody wants to sleep with me?! I'm no hoe. I guess I have to ask Dani when we're at dinner. So I get up and went downstairs.

While setting up dinner, Dani appear. She went to the fridge and pull out a coke.

"Are you joining me for dinner?" I ask. She turn to me and look at the dinner plates.

"Sure," I saw a little tug on the corners of her lips.

We both settle down on our seats and I start off the
conversation. "So where did you went?"

"Business trip," she answer without a why. I watch as Dani dig in first.

"Well, you might not know this but I have a performance in a few days, and I'd like you to show up. Can you come?"

Dani took awhile to answer me. Drinking water after what she ate, she shakes her head. "I'm not available anytime next week," ouch.

"If you don't want to come, you don't have to make any excuses. You can just tell me the truth."

"Okay... I'm not interested in your little performance," I nod my head as I look at her. What's a marriage without support?

"Alright. That's all I need to know," I said quietly before returning to my meal. No conversation was made after that. I left after finishing and went upstairs. It's fine, I'm not going to cry like a little baby. Dani wants to see me vulnerable then will pretend like she cares. That's how it'll always go. I won't let her see me weak. I'm strong and don't need her. I take long deep breathes before calling Mina Unnie for tomorrow practice. The last practice before we go to the competition which is held in Asian country. After I complete that competition, there's another one that's in two weeks. Then after that, there's another one in another two weeks. Lastly, completing three of the little competitions, there comes the three stages of Ballet dance. After the three stages, there is the International Ballet Competion 2023, this year will be my 6 years of participating. I think I'm going to go for 6 streaks before retiring from that event.

The next morning, I left before seeing Dani. If I see her, my day will be ruin. I hate her to say the least.

I practice on the ballet before Mina Unnie comes in. After going through the routine multiple times, I went to sit down and rest. I look at the floor and begin to move away from reality.

I hate how Dani can make me feel like I'm nothing. For sure she's doing it on purpose. Like I said, she loves how she can control me. Can she change? I've accepted her so why can't she do the same for me? Two years is a long time unless I just run away silently.

"Hey Haerin," the voice of Jay made me snap out of my thoughts. I turn and see him already sitting beside me. I didn't even hear his come in. "I tried contacting you but I couldn't. Is something wrong with your phone?"

"No. Let me check," I reach into my duffel bag and take out my phone. I search it myself then let her search her number, but it was nowhere in my contact. Taking my phone back, I went to the block numbers. Hers was in there so Dani must've blocked her number the last time she called me and we had that fight. "I got it... strangely, it was blocked."

"It's fine," she chuckles. "I just want to say good luck on your upcoming competitions."

"Thank you," I give him a smile then feel his hand on mine that's holding the phone. I look down and plan to move my hands away but he cup my cheek and raise my head back up. "I pity you. Every time I see you, I see sadness. If you're not happy with her, just leave her," I look away from Jay's dark eyes. If only they understand. "Haerin," my eyes meet his again. "I can make you happier, you deserve happiness," slowly, Jay leans in. I blink fast then just close my eyes and wait. The kiss never came because we heard the door open. I pull away and move away from Jay.

"Hello Haerin and Jay," it was Mrs. Lalisa. I sigh and mentally slap myself. If Mrs. Lalisa didn't interrupt, I could've end up cheating on Dani. But then would she even care?

"Hello Mrs. Lalisa," I greet her with a small smile.

"Hey Mrs. Lalisa," Jay add a wave.

"You two are here early," Mrs. Lalisa comments.

"Just watching Haerin practice and giving her any advice she needs," Jay respond back and I nod before putting my phone away.

"Awesome, thank you for looking over the Kitty, Jay,"
they both share a laugh and then Mina Unnie comes in.

"Wow, we're all here," he says which grabs all of our
attention.

"I want to see the three stages ballet routines. Have you memorize your routines, Haerin?" Mrs. Lalisa ask.

"Yes I have," I answer.

"Could you show me?" I nod at her then ask Mina Unnie to turn on the music for the first stage.

I perform the first and second stages in front of them all then here comes the third stage. The stage with a partner. Jay smiles as He dance to me. I turn my back to him and wait for the music to start.

"All routines are beautiful. It fits with your style really well so Mina Unnie, thank you for that. This art, I'm positive that will get you in first place like always. Well done Haerin and Jay."

After Mrs. Lalisa left, Mina Unnie and I went to test out other combinations for the other two small competitions I'll be participating in.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR EVERY CHAPTER :))