Chapter 29. The Biggest Obstacle

DANIELLE POV

"Danielle, it's not use. We will have to take another approach," My father inlaw said.

"If it's like that then I will need the recording you took. I will give it my lawyer and her team to see if they can do anything about it. On the other hand, Haerin won't let me take any actions. She told me to trust her so I will."

"I'm sorry. Thank you Danielle."

"Rest assure," I end the call then Haerin walks in.

"Who were you talking to?" She ask while drying her hair with a towel. She have just got done showering.

"Your dad. I haven't told you but I told him about everything,"

I stand up and let her walk to me.

"Why?" She looks worry.

"To see if they can change Mrs. Lalisa' minds but guess not. They are playing you like a puppet. They said whatever they sign you on, you will do it. I will not let that happen and they will pay."

"They can't do anything about the contract if I don't sign it."

"They will do something. They are not good people. They have exploited you. It's because of you that they are wealthy. They took advantage of you and I know there are other people who're under the contract, but you are their biggest star. They depend on you, and because of that they won't let you off easily."

Haerin immediately hug me. "But I've told you, I won't give them what they want. That's why I need to go to the last competiton. If I win, that's good. It's another profit for them, but at the same time I will get to announce my retirement."

"You are being too good for the people who've abuse you."

"Aren't you one of them?" She smiles after asking.

"Hush," I kiss her lips to silence her.

We went to bed and I spoon her from behind. Our hands hold each other, fingers intertwine.

"Are you going to practice still?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"I've been avoiding, but I will have to go tomorrow."

"When is the Competiton?"

"On the 23rd." One week and four days left. The last Competiton was just a little over a week ago, but we have just been spending time with each other. "Mina Unnie have been reaching out to me. I have not tell you this but every competition, they make me learn a new routine."

"That's just unnecessary."

"It's a have to. This morning Mina Unnie messaged me. Mrs. Lalisa told her to tell me that if I don't go, I'll be charge," she chuckles and I sigh. They will definitely be responsible for this.

Around 11am, Haerin and I went out to her parents. We talk to them and they gave me the recording they took before we leave. We then take the recordings to my lawyer and ask if they can do something about it. They told me that whatever they find, they will inform me. After all of that, I dropped Haerin at her ballet practice I offer to stay with her but she said she can take care of herself. She said I can go do whatever I need to do, and at whatever time she's done, she will call me.

HAERIN POV

I enter the practice venue and take a deep breath. We can do this. I mentally talk to our baby. I'm sorry that I have to risk you, but I'm also doing this for you. Please be strong for me.

"Kitty Queen! You're here!".Mina Unnie approach me.

"How have you been?"

"Busy," I answer and walk to the bench. I drop my duffel bag and and seat for a while.

"I'm glad you're here. We should really get going so put on your shoes first," she walk away. I did what she told me put on my shoes, I'm thankful that the baby haven't been making my stomach show. Though each day it is getting bigger. "We have to get going. Time doesn't stop," I hear Mina Unnie. she is being so demanding. Hah, did I also mention that she only gets pay if I'm here for her to teach? It must be why she's like this.

We spend hours and hours trying out new things and putting them together. We also check out the type of music that matches the little routine we have put together. Mina Unnie is having a difficult time of deciding. None of the music is matching up with the little routine so she decided to start over. Mina Unnie selected a different sample of songs she knows that fits my style, then I select a song that connects to me the most.

"Let's rearrange the small routine," she said after putting her hands on her hips.

Hours later, we got half of the routine. It's currently 5pm now, so we have been here for four hours practicing.

"Good job on your first day back, Haerin. I will record this and then tomorrow we can continue the other half. Soon, we will be able to have the full routine," Mina Unnie went off the floor and sit on the bench. she took her shoes off and then pull out a notebook. As she writes, I went ahead and slowly go into the routine we have put together. "Have a nice evening, Haerin," I look at Unnie and she wave at me. I wave back and then she heads out. Now since she left, I should go too.

I get off the floor and sit on the bench next to my duffel bag. I took the shoes off and set them inside the bag before putting my rubber on. After that, I call Danielle to pick me up. Usually it takes me twenty minutes to come here, so it should be the same amount of time. I jump at the door closing. Someone came in and I look back. Jay smile as he makes his way to me. I stay seated and hang onto my phone.

"Nice seeing you again," he said after sliding onto the open space next to me.

"Yeah," I answer without looking at him. I look at my phone wishing Danielle is already here and calling me to come outside.

"I want to talk to you about something," He said. I turn to look at him and before I know it, He have push me down against the bench. The phone was knocked away and my hands are strongly pin down above my head.

"What are you doing?!" I yell at him.

"I won't hurt you if you do what I say," He leans in close and I turn my face away from him. "The Competiton is coming, I want to win. So what I want you to do is lose." "If you think you deserve it then I will," I tell him quietly. He laugh then sigh after He done.

"How do I know you won't lie to me?" He ask.

"I don't plan to win at the competition. But if you think you can break my record, you better consider the other contestants," I feel his disgusting lips touch my cheek then I resist against him, but he hold me still in place.

"They are no match for me. It is just you who have been my biggest obstacle."

"I won't be anymore," slowly, I feel the grip on my wrists being release. Jay have get off me and fix himself.

"Well then, remember your words. I will be looking forward to first place at the competiton," I look at him and he flash me a smile before going back where he came from.

 I will be looking forward to first place at the competiton," I look at him and he flash me a smile before going back where he came from