Chapter 12. Director Lalisa

HAERIN POV

The Director, "Hi Mrs. Lalisa," I greet her. She smiles at me, but her teeth didn't show.

Yesterday, I got a text from her. She was surprised about the news that I'm now married to Danielle and she's happy for me. Mrs. Lalisa gave reason that she was out of the country, so she turned everything off to take time with her family.

"Hello Haerin, come on in," Mrs. Lalisa welcome me into her house before turning her back and walk away. I step inside and close the door. "You and Danielle," she said to herself. "I've been searching everything to keep me updated on you. I'm surprised you didn't give me a call to inform me about this," She chuckles and sit down on the couch. I join her and fix my scarf.

"I don't think that concerns you, Mrs. Lalisa," I said, not to come off as rude. Mrs. Lalisa just smiles at me.

"It does, Haerin. I'm worry about your career."

"Why's that?"

"Because soon you'll have a baby, and it will ruin your beauty and everything you've worked so hard to get to where you're at."

"Mrs. Lalisa, that won't happen. Dani and I dislike each other. It was our parents who married us to each other without our consents. Dani isn't making any move and so am I."

"You should divorce her. You are still at your prime. There are so many things you can still accomplish."

"It is easier said than done."

"Haerin," Mrs. Lalisa comes to sit beside me. She grabs my hand and hold it. "I have bring you to the top and I want you to remain there. You belong there and Dani is going to bring you down," Our eyes lock and I nod. "I just want the best for you, Haerin. I see you as my own daughter."
___

I feel a hand on my shoulder so I turn my head and see Dani. She lean down and move her hand to my cheek, slowly caressing my skin. "Seems like you are deep in your thoughts."

"I was thinking about something," I was about to sigh but stop myself. Dani will continue to ask questions if I do such act. She pulls her hand away and prop her hands on the arm of the couch.

"Good night," awkward. We stare at each other before she leaves.

"Dani, wait," I stand from the couch and look at her. She stop and turn back to me. She waits for me to speak. "Never mind," Dani eyes drop down then lift back up to meet my eyes. After she did that, she continues her way to the hall.

Maybe I shouldn't tell her about my Director, Mrs. Lalisa. I know what she said was wrong, but Dani doesn't need to hear me. I sit down again until I decide to lay down and suddenly fall asleep.

I wake up next morning and go upstairs. Before going to my room, I enter Dani's room. She is nowhere in sight. Huh, did she leave for work already? But it's just 7 in the morning. I close the door and enter my room.

After a long hot shower, I step out. I face the fogged up mirror and without any conscious, I wrote Dani's name. Smiling at it, I quickly wipe it away.

"Kitty queen, let's warm up first before getting started," Mina unnie announce. "Your competition is just next week and we have done a tremendous amount of practice. So after you warm up, let's do the full routine like last time," I drink some water first before stretching my arms. I roll my shoulders and step into the floor dance. I start off with a couple laps around the floor then did some easy jumps. In a few minutes, I had to stop because someone came in. It was Mrs. Lalisa and Jay.

They both went to sit by Mina unnie and they begin talking.

"Haerin, are you finish?" Mina unnie ask. I nod as I breathe through my mouth. "Since Mrs. Lalisa is here, why don't you show her what we've practiced together."

DANIELLE POV

"I'll purchase your company for 100 billion won," the man has offer. I show him a smile and sigh as I cross my arms.

"As much as I'm willing to sell my company, I don't think now is the right time, Mr. Jimin."

"Why not?" He chuckles.

"You see, there's still much more potential in the company and so many goals that I can achieve to put the company to the next level. I'm afraid if I don't do that, it won't live up to its name and can no longer last more than ten years in the hands of new ownership."

"And how do you plan to do that?" He leans in closer.

I enter my hotel room and turn on the lights. After meeting with Mr.Jimin, he was just a hard man to convince. He kept insisting bigger deals for my company and truth is, I don't want to give him my company. I'll be selfish in this situation because I can. Anyone who doesn't know true art doesn't understand that it can't be bought. Mr.Jimin just want it because it can generate him money in the short term. How I got the company to be alive is trying everything new every ten years. New teams, new goals, new offers to support. Just new. If Mr.Jimin takes controls, you wouldn't want to know what'll happen. The hard work I put into the company will come crashing down.
into the company will come crashing down.

I spent half of my day with Mr. Jimin and the other half buying gifts for Haerin. I had those gifts be shipped to home. I know she's going to be mad at me for leaving and not telling her. Hopefully, the gifts can make her forgive me. Yeah, I left this morning at four.

I walk into the bathroom, take off my clothes, and begin to shower.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR EVERY CHAPTER :))