Chapter 30

Been a while Huh? So here's another chapter for you guys!
I know it was a long wait and I'm sorry, also thank you to everyone who kept asking me to update, it's a real motivation😁thank you!
And now to the story:

POV: Jason

"PIPER!"

She  didn't stop at the red light.
And it was all my fault.

"Piper? Can you hear me? PIPER?", I jumped out of my car and ran towards hers.

The scene wasn't the prettiest, Pipers car was completely smashed in the front with the windows so cracked that I couldn't see through them.
The other car wasn't spared either but it sure looked a lot better.

I tried opening the door but it was stuck wich led to me desperately trying to pull it open.

"Is everyone okay here?", a woman's voice asked from behind me. I didn't bother turning but I still managed to choke out the words.

"Piper...she's... it's my fault..."
"Hey, your in shock why don't you sit down catch your breath and tell me what happened?", the woman said placing her hand on my shoulder.

I shook my head violently and gave the door another hard tug. It opened.
I took in a sharp breath.
Her head was lying on the wheel and part of her hair was plastered to her face with blood.
There where also Window shards everywhere.
Including her skin.
A few of the shards had pierced her skin on her arms and back, leaving thin trails of blood running from the places were they where stuck in her flesh.

And she definitely was unconscious.

Or dead.

"No she's not dead", I told myself.
She couldn't be dead.

"Oh my, the poor thing!", the women's voice reminded me again that I wasn't alone.
I nodded, carefully picking up Piper bridal style and carrying her out of the car.

I payed her down a few feet away with her head resting on my lap.
"Omg Piper Im so sorry", I whispered moving a strand of hair out of her face.
That's when I noticed that I was crying.
I didn't care.
I moved one of my hands down to the left side of her chest where I felt the reassuring thump,
thump, thump of her heart.
She was alive.

"I called an ambulance, the should be here any minute now", the woman said kneeling down next to to Piper. She looked like she was in her thirties or something with thick rimmed glasses that where cracked and there was a small trail of blood running down her face.
She must have been driving the other car.

"Are you okay?", I asked her my voice shaking, I felt really bad not for asking or checking on her sooner, he'd been so focused on Piper that he hadn't even thought about that the other driver could have been injured too.

"Oh Im fine this little thing?", she pointed to a small cut on her forehead where the blood was coming from, "that's nothing compared to your friends state here"

"Thank you.",I told her then added: "and I'm really sorry, it's my fault. All of this is, I distracted her and then, and then...", my voice broke trying to find the right words to discribe what happened.
"Oh dear your a mess, this will help", she said cramming around in her pocket and then pulling out a piece of candy.
"Sugar helps with shock", she said handing it to me.
"Thanks", I said looking down at the rapper, it said: Ambrosia, that must have been the name of the brand.

"Don't worry, it will be alright.", the woman said smiling at him.
From then it was all a blur.
It felt like ages until the ambulance came.
When they where here they asked me a ton of questions while loading Piper on to a stretcher and lifting her up into the back of the car.

"Can I come with you guys?", I asked the man who was interrogating me and when he didn't look convinced I added: "she's my girlfriend"
Yes that's a lie but serious circumstances call for serious measures.
"Oh, of course we need someone who knows her anyway.", he said gesturing for me to follow him.
I was going to fix this.

POV: Percy

Ok so I was having the best time with Annabeth just laughing and talking. It's great that we still got to go together, even if it's just as friends.
Anyways we where standing at a table drinking punch and talking, our actual plan had been to stalk Piper and Jason, but we couldn't find them after we danced.

We danced!
And yes, I can dance for those of you doubting it. My Mom raised a Gentleman.

Suddenly Annabeth's phone went of. She got it out of her tiny bag. (seriously what are those things even for? they are so small your phone barley fits!)

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked down at the screen to check the callers number.
"I'ts Jason", she said a little confused looking down at the screen.
Jason?! Why would he call Annabeth? 
I'm not jealous or anything, he likes Piper. But isn't it a bit taktless to call the best friend of your date?
But maybe Piper wanted to talk to Annabeth and didn't have her phone on her.

"Jason? Wheres Piper?", Annabeth asked after she accepted the call.
I used the time too study her.
Her hair was up in a bun or something at the back of her head, but there were a few strands hanging loose that framed her face. A really pretty face mind you.
If only she felt the same way...

"What?!", Annabeths voice ripped me out of my thoughts. I knew something was wrong, she was white as a sheet and her eyes where full of fear.

"I'll be right there!", she said hanging up the phone.
"You okay? what happened?", I asked her now really worried. "She...car...", she couldn't even form a full sentence, this had to be really bad news.

Then she started crying.

I felt so bad, but I had no idea what to do, so I hugged her. I had the feeling, that if I didn' she would collapse. She seemed so... fragile.

"It's gonna be okay", I whispered into her hair pulling her even closer. She clung to me crying into my shoulder but I didn't care. 

I would do whatever I had to just to see her happy again. But first I had to find out what happened.