[Chapter 23]

A/N: Chapter will be focusing on Selene and Ananth for some screen time of their own while the next chapter will be showing the changes they'll be making, so please enjoy everyone.
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Log 024)

It's still a bit of surprise to me that we've ended up in the halo universe, this place is a massive hotbed for a lot of galactic mess and the Flood was one of it's major problems or at least the remnants of it.

Most of which are lock deeply inside an installation across the galaxy, though I find the Forerunners action to be quite a stupid decision since the Flood had still manage to escape in some installations.

The Gravemind Mind in particular that Master Chief and the Arbiter has discovered during their conflict with each other upon the installation ring of Guilty Spark aka the crazy forerunner.

Nothing was built to last forever that's a rule that the Forerunner should have learned, advance and powerful they are, their technology still had its own sets of limitations like losing to the Flood itself.

Though it's their own fault they had put their weapons down and dimilitarise, which was a stupid idea since it left them vulnerable and not to mention are unprepared when the Flood did appear.

Being caught off guard without much of a chance to do anything, right after they destroyed ancient humanity where were being forced on a two-front war between the Flood and the Forerunners.

The Forerunners believed themselves to be the inheritors of the mantle, which they aren't, ever since their ancestors had rebelled and annihilated the Precursor when they learned that they were not the one's to inherit the mantle.

The Precursors didn't choosed mankind on a whim, it took them a long debate and decision of which species was the most successful and highest potential to succeed the Precursors many eons ago... but they weren't able to pass the mantle.

Because the Forerunner killed them and since the Precursors were caught surprise by the weapon they used which was the prototype to the halo arrays that the future Forerunners would use.

Forcing the surviving Precursors to run and hide to the farthest galaxy when the Forerunners chased after them, it makes me question how they were defeated so easily... my knowledge suggest they were hesitant to destroy their own creations.

A stupid decision to any sane individual if they where put in the same position as the Precursors, they should have just eliminated the Forerunners as they've proven themselves unfit for the mantle.

The Precursors made themselves into a exotic dust powder hoping to reincarnate themselves into new forms once they are safe... but the passage of time had corrupted their entire essence.

Leading to become the Flood when they were found by ancient humanity, said versions of man hadn't realize the danger and consequences of bringing a strange power as food for their animals.

And not to mention they were unable to stop the Flood, at least they were unaware and are caught unprepared not like the Forerunners who had made some stupid decisions during their War.

And after the firing of the halo arrays, it was proven that the Flood cannot be countered or cured, unless you possess a degree of hax that only the Precursors who's technology are insanely advance.

Far greater than even the Forerunners... since since can stood the test of time, the materials they used are metaphysical in nature called 'neurophysics' it makes up the entirety of Precursors technology.

Such level of technology was fascinating to say the least, I wasn't hesitant to claim the leftover technology the Precursors had same with the Forerunners and even Ancient Humanity via time travel.