1. Regrettable

''It was a regrettable accident.'' Rhaenyra spoke up for her boys.

''Accident? The Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush. He meant to kill my son.'' Alicent reminded her viciously.

''It was my sons who were attacked and forced to defend themselves. Vile insults were levied against them.'' Rhaenyra countered

''What insults?'' Viserys questioned and Rhaenyra hesitated, she knew full well it wasn't a lie.

''The legitimacy of my sons' birth was put loudly to question.'' Rhaenyra informed them.

''He called us bastards.'' Luke spoke up.

''My sons are in line to inherit the Iron Throne, Your Grace. This is the highest of treasons. Prince Aemond must be sharply questioned so we might learn where he heard such slanders.'' Rhaenyra offered.

''Over an insult?'' Alicent rasped. ''My son has lost an eye.''

''You tell me, boy. Where did you hear this lie?'' Viserys demanded ''Aemond... look at me. Your king demands an answer. Who spoke these lies to you?'' Viserys asked again and Aemonds gaze shifted to a suddenly very nervous Alicent.

''It was Aegon'' Aemond answered.

''Me?'' Aegon declared

''And you, boy? Where did you hear such calumnies?'' Viserys spat, Aegon glared at Aemond. ''Aegon! Tell me the truth of it!''

''We know, Father. Everyone knows. Just look at them.'' Aegon remarked and Rhaenyra pulled her boys closer.

''This interminable infighting must cease! All of you! We are family! Now make your apologies and show good will to one another. Your father, your grand sire, your king demands it!'' Viserys shouted he was done with this.

''That is insufficient. Aemond has been damaged, permanently, My King. "Good will" cannot make him whole.'' Alicent reminded him

''I know, Alicent, but I cannot restore his eye.'' Viserys told her with a deep sigh.

''No, because it's been taken.'' Alicent reminded him

''What would you have me do?'' Viserys questioned incredulously.

''There is a debt to be paid. I shall have one of her son's eyes in return.'' Alicent declared

''My dear wife.'' Viserys said, annoyed thoroughly.

''He is your son, Viserys. Your blood.''

''Do not... allow your temper to guide your judgment.'' Viserys warned as the onlookers started to murmur.

''If the King will not seek justice, the Queen will. Ser Criston... bring me the eye of Lucerys Velaryon. He can choose which eye to keep, a privilege he did not grant my son.'' Alicent said confidently Criston stared down at her.

''You will do no such thing. Stay your hand.'' Viserys told Criston

''No, you are sworn to me!'' Alicent shouted.

''As your protector, my Queen.'' Criston reminded her, he was not about to take the boys eye.

''Alicent, this matter... is finished. Do you understand?'' Viserys hissed as he started to walk away ''And let it be known, anyone whose tongue dares to question the birth of Princess Rhaenyra's sons should have it removed.''

''Thank you, Father.'' Rhaenyra said hopefully but Alicent grabbed a knife charging at Rhaenyra and her sons, it all happened so fast. the children started screaming as Alicent came at them with fury.

'' No!'' Rhaenyra shouted grabbing Alicent and keeping her back. ''You've gone too far.'' Rhaenyra warned

''I? What have I done but what was expected of me? Forever upholding the kingdom, the family, the law. While you flout all to do as you please.'' Alicent spat, Rhaenyra held tight to Alicents arm, the blade gripped tight in Alicent's hand.