19. Wolves

Rare/ Robert Baratheon/ Rieka Stark out now!

Rieka felt so foolish. She let her guard down. They all did. It was such a peaceful night. They were only a fortnight from Winterfell. Less possibly at the rate they were moving they were making great time.

So of course shit was flying.

Show no weakness. Show no fear. Rieka didn't plan to.

"If you're going to kill me, you'd best get on with it,"  she spat with as much venom as she could muster. Riekas face was mere inches from the bandits.

"You cant kill her shes pregnant!" Cregan shouted.

"You are pregnant?" Viserys demanded pulling at his restraints. "Rieka!"

"Shut up!" The bandits shouted.

"Ow! The little one bit me!" Arya smirked.

"Put a muzzle on her."

"Try. I dare you." Arya challenged.

"What are we doing with them?"

"You gonna kill the king?"

"And the queen?"

"Wouldnt be the first dead queen." Another cackled out.

"Then you best get on with it," rieka demanded. "Because if you let me sit here and fester, I promise you, I will get out of here, and when I do, I won't hesitate to—" rieka sucked in a sharp breath, she had expected the bandits to react in some way. To do something. To attack. What rieka hadn't expected was for yet another shape to come hurtling toward them.

Wolves.

Helaena screamed flinching back as Aegon watched wide eyed. Aemond pulled harder at his binds but the starks didnt flinch.

Viserys stared at rieka and her fearless nature. He wasnt like her he felt like he was going to burst.

"Should have warned you." Rickard remarked shaking his head. "I hoped to have gotten these criminals locked up before you got this far."

"Dad," rieka said with a breath of relief.

"Hey sweet girl," rickard answered as the wolf gnawed at the binds breaking nymeria free she jumped up running to rickard. "Hey sweet pea i missed you. You alright?"

"Yeah." Nymeria agreed as rieka and cregan broke the rest of the binds. Helaena held nervous to rieka. She turned helaena away from the men being torn and shook by the wolves.

"You got some new friends." Arya noted looking at the wolves. "I want a wolf."

"Are you alright arya?" Aegon questioned moving to her but she was focused on the wolf tearing at a bandits severed arm.

"I want this one!" Arya begged. "Father please!"

"Come on," rickard reached out for them

"What are you doing all the way out here?" Cregan questioned hugging his father.

"Catching these monsters..." rickard looked to rieka. "You alright?"

"Yeah-"

"You are pregnant?" Viserys countered.

"I wanted to tell you in winterfell." Rieka admitted. "But its getting harder to hide. Thanks cregan."

"Surprise!" He agreed giving them jazz hands. "I thought it would help keep you alive Rie. Sorry." Riekas eyes drifted over to him before returning to viserys.

"We are having a baby, Vis."

Winterfell had never felt so much love and life within the cold walls as they celebrated riekas pregnancy.

Aemond was still a little rattled from the attack a week ago he hadnt slept well wanting to protect his family but a wolf rickard had been calling Fury an all black direwolf had taken a liking to Aemond and curled up beside him every night.

"To my wonderful daughter, Rieka," rickard declared raising a glass. "May the Gods bless you and your growing family every day."

"Here, here!"

"To mum," helaena agreed. "I would like a little sister." Rieka smiled reaching out for her. Helaena was the sweetest little thing. She wore a new floral dress every day. Some days she had swen little bugs along the skirt. Rieka loved how creative she was.

"Maybe you can make a little outfit for then little one when they arrive." Rieka suggested.

"I would be honored!" Helaena agreed.

"Cregan!" Rickard called out above the music the feast was in full swing. Surely cregan saw how happy his sister was and rickard now knew that she was well protected with an army of knights and guards and a wolf or two to go home with them would further ease cregans worries.

"Yeah pops?"

"Cregan there is a woman i want you to meet-"

"Um im sorry but I think rieka- the queen- is calling me." Cregan corrected his father running off. "Excuse us-" Cregan pulled rieka aside. "I knew this was a bad idea."

"What?" Rieka countered sucking down some fruity concoction Helaena had made for her.

"Father is trying to set me up! I like the bachelor life."

"I liked the single life too until i met viserys." Rieka countered. "Maybe you fall in love and get to be really really happy! Wouldnt that be something?" Cregan stared at her dead panned expression not amused and not entertaining the idea at all.

"No."