Day Four

They wake up a few hours later, moving from the bedroom and kitchen slowly; as if they have forever to get there. Sapnap laughs dreamily as Quackity presses kisses all around his neck while he cooks, thin arms wrapped around his waist the whole while.

He makes sure Quackity knows he's enjoying the affection, though isn't too reciprocal nor does he try to control the situation. He's aware of Quackity's sudden mood swing yesterday, and he's decided to try just letting the other hold him and pull away as he wants to, not moving closer or away at all.

It seems to work, as Quackity doesn't tense up at all as he did yesterday, and they end up spending the whole of breakfast talking about how Sapnap could never be vegetarian as he likes bacon too much.

The day goes by peacefully. After breakfast they move from the kitchen to the living room to turn on a spy movie they don't watch as they make out on the couch. They talk over the film about random things between kisses, like how hot Sapnap's thighs are and whether or not the colour yellow matches wednesday and the number six (it does).

Then they make their way to the bathroom to shower together. Sapnap laughs as Quackity pinches his sides when he takes off his shirt, but then when he tries to get him back when taking off his shirt the duck-hybrid only swats him away and sends him an unimpressed look. Taking off his shirt reminds them both of the ring's hanging around his neck though, and Sapnap feels his laughter being caught in his throat like a fish in a net at the sight of them.

Quackity purses his lips at Sapnap's flickering expression, and reaches out to rub his arm soothingly. "You alright?"

"Fine." Sapnap attempts a smile, trying to stay casual. "I- um. I assumed you would have thrown them out." He gestures to the rings hanging on the rope like an expensive but ugly necklace.

Quackity flushes as he glances down at them, reaching up to roll them around his finger. "Yeah. I almost did. But you guys- I mean, well.. You know how much you and... mean to me."

Sapnap nods once, positive that the smile he keeps up doesn't at all look convincing, and takes Quackity's hand in his. "I should apologise again."

"No- don't-"

"Quackity, God, we hurt you so much, I just-"

"Sapnap stop it." The duck-hybrid pulls him into a restrictive hug. "It's fine. It's fine."

Sapnap settles into Quackity's arms, breathing him in as he feels the cold of the rings pressed between them. The tiny objects feel like the elephant in the room; horrendously huge and impossible to ignore, but yet they're going to try anyway. 

"I love you." He murmurs, because he can.

Quackity sighs, but doesn't say anything in response. "We should shower." He whispers back instead, "c'mon, man. It's in the past now."

486 words.

I'm sorry I lied ahaha, this chapter isn't much longer than the last one.

I'm sorry for slow updates I've not nearly been as motivated recently but I'm trying!!! I have been writing another quacknap fic though that I will post when I'm done which I'm excited about, so keep an eye out for that!

Also thank u so so so much for 1000 reads!! we may catch up to Lemon Dove yet!! and also a huge thank you for all the sweet comments, they mean so much more to me than you could ever imagine and also are a huge motivator! ;)

love u all!! ill try and get the next few chapters out as quickly as possible!