☆ two ☆

"Today, we will start the work for the end of semester."

A wave of complaints was present as soon as the professor gave that announcement with an optimistic smile.

"It will be in pairs."

The complaints turned into cheers.

"That I will choose randomly."

And, again, more protests.

Haerin snorted, did that old man think he was funny?

"Well, to make it more interesting, in this container I have papers with all your names, I will take out two and those two will be working together."

The professor smiled, if there was one thing haerin hated more than anything, was people who tried harder than necessary,

Supermarket cashiers smiling fakely, people waving halfheartedly, and teaching pretending to appreciate their work,

even though it was clear they'd sell their souls to the devil to escape the rowdy, rude, teenagers.

"Let us begin, huang renjun and.. na jaemin."

The matchmaking round began, the tension was felt in the environment along with the complaints of the unfortunate who ended up with someone they didn't like.

Haerin ignored everything, until finally the teacher named her.

"Kang haerin and.. danielle marsh."

A silence fell over the classroom, it was funny, because inside haerin, everything had been put into operation.

Her heart was hammering hard in her chest, and she could hear the beat inside her skull.

She nearly fell off the seat, and started gasping like a fish out of water.

He must have done something very good in another life.

Haerin looked at the little omega, past all the alphas who were giving her dirty looks.

Any of those wretches would have given anything to be paired with danielle, even the professer frowned.

"Miss. marsh, under the circumstances, I would understand if you requested a change of partner.."

Haerin wanted so snarl, threaten the master with his fangs. Was it so terrible to be her partner that not even the professor could pretend to like her?

She was lazy, moody, carefree and she never collaborated, she didn't care about her grade or that of the others,

but.. was it so terrible to be her partner? Some stupid alphas agreed with the professor with low murmurs. Bastards.

Meanwhile, danielle frowned, she didn't understand why the disrespect for her partner.

It was true that kang haerin had repeated a year and that she wasn't known for being the most communicative person in the world,

but, from there to the fact that even the teacher made such a stupid remark??

It wasn't fair, she had never crossed more than two words with the alpha and she had never had any problems with her.

The red-haired girl hated people who despised others for no solid reason.

"I don't want to change." she said with her usual soft but firm tone.

Haerin looked at danielle in surprise, nearly breaking her neck upon hearing the omega's statement.

"Are you sure, miss. marsh?" the teacher asked relucantly.

Shut your mouth, you dirty old man, thought haerin angrily.