☆ fifteen ☆

The first day after the incident, neither renjun nor danielle showed up at school.

Haerin felt strange without the omega's presence around her, without her bright smile, without her blushing cheeks and without her sweet words.

She felt empty and incomplete, and her mood dropped noticeable. She gave murderous looks to anyone who dared to walk past her, and she made a group of first-year students cry by standing in front of her locker.

For the first time, the legend of the evil kang haerin was coming true.

On the second day, renjun's fist breaking her nose welcomed haerin. Everyone watched in disbelief as the omega hit the alpha with all his strength.

Renjun's chest rose and fell furiously, and his fists remained clenched at his sides.

"You don't deserve to be called an alpha, kang haerin." the omega's angry scream echoed throughout the institute.

Haerin held her nose, feeling a sharp stab of pain and blood covering her hands.

She looked at renjun and the boy seemed really capable of killing her in those moments, and she knew his motive. Really, she couldn't blame him.

"Danielle is.."

"Bad, she's bad." renjun shortened, "You have destroyed her, she feels used and broken. What kind of person rejects their destined partner like that?! You are nothing but a coward!"

Destined coupled. Those words hit haerin with the force of a jackhammer. 

Danielle had felt that way too, she never believed that her own stupidity could reach those limits.

"She wanted me to mark her?" she asked incredulously.

Renjun was beginning to believe that maybe haerin wasn't bad, maybe she was just an idiot.

"Oh, but you! Of course she wanted you to mark her, you idiot! She's crazy over you, her heat went ahead for you! What did you expect, a great fuck and goodbye?!"

The smaller seemed more and more angry, he didn't even care about the people who were curiously watching them.

"You know? I never liked you, but I thought even you would be able to see that danielle is the most wonderful person in the world. You have hit the jackpot and broke her heart."

Haerin felt like the biggest shit in the entire universe, renjun was right, she was a coward and a failed attempt as an alpha.

Those words of him did not hurt her, because she knew they were true.

What really hurt her was knowing that she had hurt danielle. "Yes I saw it." she finally responded.

Renjun looked confused, "What?"

"I did see that Danielle was the most wonderful person in the world, she always has been. I knew from the damn moment she walked through the door and her scent hit me, I knew she was made for me, and that my only purpose in life was to be with her." Haerin began, taking a deep breath.

"Renjun, you don't understand, I didn't want to use Danielle. I'm so damn in love with her that sometimes I think I'm losing my mind with her, and I just want to protect her, put her in a glass box to keep her safe so no one can get close to her. Because I get damn possessive when it comes to danielle, because I want her all to myself. Of course I know she's amazing, dammit! Even my subconscious knows this, and reminds me of it every night in my dreams. That's why I thought that she would never be bounded with me. You said it yourself, I don't deserve to call myself an alpha. I'm a disaster, people fear me and I am unable to relate to other people. I thought I would never be enough for danielle, and now.. now I have hurt her and I wish I could make all the pain she's feeling come back to me but multiplied by a thousand, because I deserve to suffer for having hurt the only good thing that has happened to me in life." 

She said with desperation and the deepest pain marking her words. Renjun was speechless, 

the audience was long gone when they stopped shouting and now it was just the two of them, standing in the middle of the hallway, staring at each other.

If renjun told anyone that she had seen tears brimming in kang haerin's eyes, they wouldn't have believe it.

The overwhelming sincerity in haerin's words and the pain in her gaze penetrated to the depths of the omega. Finally, he sighed.

"You really love her, don't you?"

Haerin nodded slowly, a sad smile on her lips.

"With all my soul."

Renjun knew she wasn't lying, no matter how hard it was for her to admit it.

He could understand haerin's motives, no matter how stupid they were.

She had wanted to protect danielle to such an extent that she had ended up destroying them boy.

"You know, despite what it may seem, danielle is one of the strongest people I have ever met. Her mother works a lot, so much, that she barely stay at home and she has been taking care of her little borther since her father died, yet she manages to be the best of the class. She always faces life with a smile, no matter how hard the problem that comes her way is, she is optimistic to almost irritating levels, I'm not going to lie to you, haerin, you destroyed her, I've never seen her look so bad. But if you can fix it, I'm sure she can handle everything that comes with being your partner."

Haerin blinked, her mouth open, "Are you telling me to try to fix it?" she asked incredulously.

Renjun sighed tiredly, "If it were up to me, a flying saucer could come right now, abduct you and take you to a strange planet where we would never hear from you again. But this is danielle we're talking about, and I'm sure that no matter how hurt she feels, she still wants to be by your side."

"Thank you, renjun, really. I'll go look for her right now."

"Honestly, I don't recommend it, she is now at her aunt's house, and she's a tough woman. And, as much as I'd like to see a sixty-year-old lady crack your head open with a frying pan, it's not the reconciliation danielle deserves."

Haerin gave a hint of a smile, she had made a decision.

It was unnatural to be separated from the love of her life. She was going to take charge even if she had to count all the grains of sand in the Sahara Desert to get forgiveness from her sweet omega.

😺🐶

Isn't renjun adorable?