☆ three ☆

"Are you seriously going to let that alpha into your house?"

renjun was frowning at her, trying to appear serious, but having a mouth full of tuna sandwich and mayonnaise smeared at the corners didn't help.

"Swallow before you speak, idiot." danielle complained, wiping with the sleeve of her shirt the remains of bread that her friend had spat on her face.

Renjun swallowed and wiped his mouth, "Seriously, I don't like it, at all, haerin is scary, she behaves like she hates everything around her."

"What's the worst that could happen? We're just going to work together."

"The worst that could happen? Dani, if you're one the front page of the local papers as 'girl butchered by homicidal psychopath', don't come crying to me, because I already warned you!"

"How am I supposed to go crying if I am..? Look, you're being dramatic, plus haerin has never done anything to make you think of her that other than being dead serious, look, I have talker to her and I am still alive, renjun."

"Okay, okay, but if you die, I will keep your guitar."

danielle laughed and shook her head, "You are hopeless."

Actually, danielle would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous, and maybe even a bit scared.

She hadn't seen the alpha all day, but she had agreed to meet this afternoon at the omega's house to begin.

Fortunately, the day before they had shared phone numbers so danielle could simply text her the location.

Danielle: Unnie, you haven't come to class today, is this afternoon still on?

Danielle: I am sending you my home address just in case'(*>﹏<*)′

Danielle has sent a location.

Haerin: Ok.

Danielle frowned at such a brief answer but didn't give it too much importance.

If only she knew that haerin hadn't shown up at school that day because she was too nervous too see her after school.

It was exactly twelve minutes past five, two minutes late from the agreed time.

Haerin cursed internally, maybe she should have made an exception that day and let the driver take her.

She had missed the bus and had to run from her house to the omega's house that was at the other side of the city.

And there was nothing kang haerin hated more than running.

She arrived at the omega's panting and out of breath, although she wasn't sure if it was because of the running or because of the nervousness.

Danielle lived in a modest house, very small compared to the alpha's huge mansion, but tremendously cozy.

Haerin approached, her hands shaking and her pulse racing, this time she was sure that the running had nothing to do with that reaction.

The wood of the porch creaked under her sturdy combat boot, 

she spent a few extra minutes looking at the chipped paint on the porch swing bench, before finally daring to press the doorbell.

A couple of minutes passed in which haerin considered running away again, 

before a crash was heard behind the door and the sound of approaching footsteps told her that there was no turning back.

The brunette reset her expression to one that feigned indifference when the door finally opened,

though it quickly turned into a look of confusion when she didn't see anyone on the other side.

"Who are you?" a thin, squeaky voice drew her attention to the ground, where a small boy was watching her from below with curiosity,

haerin frowned, had she taken the wrong address? 

"Is this kang haerin's house?" the little boy nodded vigorously, his brown hair bouncing up and down, the boy looked at least six years old,

he hadn't introduced himself yet, he was pale and had plump cheeks.

"Why are you looking for my sister?"

Haerin opened her mouth in surprise, but before she could say anything, a voice beat her to it.

"Who are you talking to, jisung?"

"There's a girl here looking for you, noona."

"I have told you a thousand times to not open the door before-"

"warning you first."

"exactly."

the brunette watched the scene unable to move from her spot, danielle had appeared with her hair tied up in a high ponytail,

she was wearing comfortable black shorts and a pale pink sweatshirt, looking so natural and beautiful, that she took her breath away, just adorable.

She had taken the little boy in her arms and was speaking to him lovingly, scolding him sweetly with a soft smile on her lips.

Danielle's eyes fell on haerin who was still waiting on the porch, 

"I'm so sorry for making you wait, unnie." she apologized shyly.

Haerin shook her head, resetting back to her nonchalant and indifferent facade.

"Who is it, who is it, noona?" asked the boy, placing his small hand on the omega's cheek.

"It's kang haerin, we're going to do a class project together, so I need you to go play in your room and not make too much noise, okay?"

"Can I play with my new truck."

Danielle nodded with a smile and put the boy down, as soon as the little boy's feet touched the cold wood,

he ran upstairs, yelling 'I am a fireman, weee ooo weee ooo' danielle chuckled softly looking fondly at his little brother, haerin didn't quite know what to do.

"I'm sorry, unnie, jisung was not supposed to be here, but my mother is late from work and I have to care of him."

"No, it doesn't matter."

"You can come inside."

The shorter one stepped to the side with a soft smile, inviting the alpha into her home.

The brunette walked in, taking in everything, her mother would have grimaced and said in her snooty, expensive voice, 'what a bunch of cheap market furniture.'

but, wherever she looked, haerin could only see the essence of a loving family, 

the kind that filled the walls with photos of their children and painting with motivating phrases.

When danielle wasn't looking, she allowed herself to smile seeing a photo of danielle as a child. 

Her cheeks flushed and her brown hair tousled, awfully adorable, she must have dyed her hair red.

"Come on, unnie?"

The eldest followed danielle into the house, to the living room, where stacks of books and a laptop were waiting for them on a large wooden table.

Honestly, she hoped that this project would take a long time, long enough to record the red-haired girl in her brain.

🐶😺

Tbc.