☆ finale ☆

Haerin had to wait an entire agonizing day until she could see danielle again.

The omega arrived late to class, dragging her feet, with pale and dull skin, with sad eyes and deep dark circles under them.

The smell of sadness was so intense that the temperature of the classroom dropped a couple of degrees.

Not even the teacher dared to complain to her about her lateness, she seemed to be on the very of breaking down.

Haerin wanted to shoot herself for that, danielle had taken two suppressants that morning and had forced herself to get out of bed.

She wasn't like that, she didn't let anything ruin her good mood, no matter how much it hurt her to see haerin sitting in her usual place, staring at her.

Danielle and her badly wounded pride did their best to ignore the alpha and her delicious smell that evoked painful memories of large, delicated hands covering every corner of her naked body and making her sigh.

She cursed under her breath, she should forget about haerin. And she cursed again, because she never cursed.

She walked to her table and sat next to renjun, who looked at her with concern.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"I'm fine."

And she smiled, the most broken smile in the world.

Renjun pretended to believe her and she sighed exhausted, trying to pay some attention in class.

She couldn't let her grades go down, ever.

Although it was really difficult to concentrate when she could feel haerin's gaze boring into the back of her neck, almost like real physical contact.

She knew that her appearance wasn't the best, and that he was attracting the attention of many around her.

Even the teacher, who normally had a penchant for her to ask questions about the subject, had decided to give her space, ignoring her throughout the class.

She mentally thanked him with all her heart.

Haerin couldn't look away from the tangled red hair that danielle was trying to hide with a poorly mad bun,

she was tense, forcing herself to look at the blackboard, deliberately ignoring it.

She had to find the right moment to talk to danielle, to tell her that she was sorry for leaving her, that she had loved her and would never leave her side.

But the hands of the clock seemed to laugh at her, moving with an exasperating slowness.

Haerin was never a good student, but that day she wasn't even aware of what subjects she was taking.

She didn't even bother to take the books out of her backpack, which was a good thing when the bell rang and she just had to get up to quickly head towards the omega.

Danielle didn't need to see haerin to know that she was approaching, her scent was intense and she could recognize her from miles away, now more than ever.

"Sorry renjun, I'm in a hurry."

Without waiting for a response from her friend, she ran out of the class, heading towards the cafeteria.

"Danielle!"

She heard haerin calling her, but tried her best to ignore her.

She took advantage of her short stature to blend in with the tide of students heading to the cafeteria.