☆ thirteen ☆

When the two girls left the room, the whispers and gossips did not wait.

"My god, have you smelled that omega? She must have gone into heat."

"It's the sweetest thing I've ever smelled, do you think it's still around here? We could look for her."

A loud roar silenced the two alpha, who were talking in the back row.

"Let's get away from here." Haerin bellowed, trying her hardest not to turn around and rip off the heads of those who had dared to talk about danielle like that.

"What the hell just happened?"

"She has her heat."

Haerin still felt every nerve in her body on tension, the alpha within her roared at her, demanding to search her omega and spend her heat at by her side,

to claim her as her own and never leave her side. With a growl, she hit the nearest wall, startling everyone who passed by.

"Hey, haerin, what's wrong with you?" haechan asked worried.

"I want.. I need to see her." she said through clenched teeth.

"And why don't you go look for her?"

The brunette laughed bitterly.

"What kind of question is that? Why would danielle want to spend her heat with me?"

Haechan rolled his eyes.

"Eh.. she does like you, obviously."

Haerin looked at her friend as if he had just said the craziest thing ever.

"Don't say stupid things."

"Oh come on! All she needed to do was climb on top of you in there! Renjun and I couldn't believe what was happening in there. And speaking of renjun, do you have his number.."

"She was just acting according her heat."

"Well, I think she was hoping you would mark her."

"Are you crazy? I would never do that to danielle."

"Do what? Mark her? How bad could it be."

"She is a sweet and brilliant omega, she is the most innocent and joyful person in the world and there's no way she wants to be bounded with me for life. No matter how in love my wolf and I are with her,"

"she would never forgive me. Every time we are together, people look at us as if we were from another planet, and whisper. 

I know what it's like to be the center of comments, the focus of looks of contempt, for people to make up shit about you; but not her. She's too good for that, too good for me. I'm not going to be the center to people's gossip."

"Since when do you care what other people say?"

"I just want to protect her, haechan!"

Haerin felt her chest rise and fall rapidly, her breathing heavy, and her fists so clenched that she was beginning to feel her nails piercing the skin of her palms.

Haechan sighed, "Look, that's a very personal decision, but I'm sure you are destined to end up together. Don't let others ruin your happiness."

The two alphas didn't speak again on the way home, not even on the bus ride.

They said goodbye at the stop and each one went their own way.

It may have seemed stupid, but she had seen danielle interact with people.