☆ eight ☆

Danielle was nervous and she didn't understand why.

Haerin had already been to her house before, although at that moment, she felt differently.

Jisung was spending the afternoon at his friend, so she was alone waiting for the alpha to arrive to finish their project.

She would be lying if she said that those freshly baked muffins were resting on the coffee table by chance.

She was delighted to see how haerin was enjoying her cookies and she wanted her to try another one of her specialties.

When the doorbell rang, she bolted for the door, tripping over one of her little brother's toys along the way.

Before opening, she stopped in front of the entrance mirror trying to organize her hair and checking the little makeup applied.

She gave up just before the doorbell rang again.

The brunette was as impressive as ever, wearing tight black ripped jeans and a white tank top that showed off her flat abdomen, wearing her combat boots.

Haerin gave her a soft smile that made her heart race, and which danielle returned with a much bigger and brighter one.

"What's up?"

She stepped aside, allowing the alpha to enter her house. As she did so, a strong wave of forest smell made her sigh. She had to buy suppressant soon.

"Jisung is celebrating a friend's birthday at his house, so we're alone."

"Better."

The brunette spoke without thinking and, seeing the omega's wide eyes, she hurried to fix it.

"I mean, this way we can work more calmly."

She cursed mentally, kang haerin was a person who boasted of always being in control of situations,

but all that was ruined when she was with danielle and her irresistible bright eyes.

Haerin felt shy and awkward, she was never either of those things.

Haerin's brain-mouth filter disappeared when she was next to the omega, and the last thing she wanted was to scare her away.

What she didn't know was that, maybe and just maybe, danielle was a bit disappointed.

The girls entered the living room where, like the day before, a table full of books was waiting for them.

Danielle soon sat with her studious and responsible posture and concentrated on the work,

while the words 'we're alone' repeated in haerin's head like an old broken gramophone, prevening her from focusing.

Danielle was wearing a white shirt, with the last button undone, and some faded jean shorts,

And haerin could only think about how she would like to sweep all the books off the table and lie danielle on top of it,

tear off her shirt, scattering the buttons all over the room and knead those breasts, that despite not being the biggest, for her they were more than perfect.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Danielle's worried voice brought her back to the real world.

"Of course, why do you say that?" she responded pretending not to understand,

"You were growling."

"Growling?"

"Yes, what were you thinking?"

Haerin lamented, why couldn't she maintain control in the omega's presence? Why did she have to let her animal insticts take over? She was pathetic.

"Nothing, don't worry, dani."

And she swore again this time out loud.

"Shit." danielle thought she hadn't heard correctly,

"Did.. did you just call me dani?" she asked, half astonished and amused.

"No?"

"Yes, you did!" she exclaimed smiling, really, haerin was an idiot.

"I-I'm sorry. It was unintentional, I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable, I was thinking about you before, and that's how I refer you in my-"

Shit.

At that moment it felt like the whole damn neighborhood had shut up, she wasn't used to talking to people other than haechan, and with him she didn't have to watch her words.

Definitely, with danielle she had to start doing it if she didn't want to continue digging her own grave.

When she looked at her, the omega was blushing up to her ears and looked away in shame.

Haerin didn't understand how she could be so adorable, and how the alpha could be so stupid.

"I'm sorry, danielle, I'm an idiot, I didn't want to bother you and-"

"Unnie, it's fine." the red-haired interrupted, very embarrassed.

"huh?"

"You can call me dani if you want, unnie."

Haerin smiled, wondering what she had done to deserve to be talking to a sweetheart like danielle. It must have been something very good.

"Then I will call you dani, if you call me just haerin."

Danielle cocked her head and frowned in confusion, "Just haerin?" she asked.

"Yes, just haerin" danielle seemed to think about it for a moment before nodding, smiling.

"This makes us friends, right?"

The alpha didn't know what to say, the omega seemed so excited. That girl was definitely from another world.

Haerin only had one friend and danielle seemed to get along well with the entire school.

No one spoke to haerin, no one approached her, but the omega of her dreams, the girl she was madly in love with, wanted to be her friend.

This was much more than she could ask for, "Of course, we're friends."

"Awesome!"

the omega clapped her hands and jumped slightly in her place, before hugging haerin, a quick, brief contact, something that had been as natural as breathing for danielle,

but had haerin left glued to the chair, "I'm sorry, sometimes I'm too affectionate." she apologized when she realized the alpha's shock.

It was true, she liked to hug her friends and kang haerin was one of them.

It didn't matter that she thought she was a tremendously beautiful alpha, nor that her heart raced with her presence, nor that when she hugged her, she felt as if a million butterflies were fluttering inside her.

"No, it doesn't matter. We better finish the project." haerin responded, feeling embarrassed for the first time in her entire life.

She was just praying that her cheeks weren't as red as she felt.

The two girls finished the project in record fime, to tell the truth,

but danielle marsh was one of the most intelligent and hardworking people haerin had ever met.

The good thing was that she had lost the fear of never speaking to danielle again once that task was finished.

After all, they were friends now.

🐶😺
Tbc.