Bad Ending Six: The Champion Stands Her Ground

Note: 

(Road to Revenge and The Harsher Times Only)

Marshal told Nemona with a sneer, "I have a plan. See we have something else on Ubel. Call Arven. Tell him to bring the journal..."

The day of the stream arrived, with Marshal helping Iono set up teh camera. Arven sat ona bench by Nemona, offering her some poffins he made. He smiled, "made your favorite. Pecha berry and sitrus. Just a hint of tomato berry."

"Thanks," Nemoan smiled uneasily, taking the classic Sinnhoian treat in her hand and taking a bite of the fruity pastry. It melted in her mouth with exquisite flavor. She smiled genuinely now and pat Arven on the back, "Great works as always bro!"

Arven didn't seem to notice, watching Marshal and Iono talk and joke as they set up for the stream. Arven sighed sadly, and shook his head. "We were supposed to help Penny first..."

"Yeah I..." Pneumonia tensed up, squishing the poffin in her hand unconsciously, half eaten. "I... don't like this. He has a look in his eye. He's so... angry. I'm scared he's gonna do something drastic."

Arven assured her, "He's our brother. If it comes to it we can stop him from making a huge mistake."

"What if you can't?" Nemona asked.

"Then you can," Arven replied, giving her a reassuring smile, "You're stronger than me as a trainer and frankly, you knew Madeline better than I did. Be it by words or force, I know you can handle this better than I."

"I don't think he cares about me more than you," Nemona shook her head.

"I'm not saying that," Arven corrected, "I am saying that you are better suited to handel things if things go haywire..."

The stream began and went much as before until Marshal revealed Ubel's journal and read the horrors therein. He proclaimed, "What you have just heard is a written confession of the events atop the mountain! Ubel killed Madeline and wrote about it! Right here! Today is the day he pays!"

With that the four rode off to confront Ubel. The front gates were closed and guarded as they ere before forcing Marshal and Iono to fight their way through. Iono assured, "I got things here! Show them what you got lil bro!"

The trio continued, the league fighting off Ubel's bigoted allies in town square and the faculty doing the same at the academy, leaving Ubel wide open to the trio.

The air was cold in the academy as Ubel stood atop the staircase over the lobby, looking down on Nemona, Arven, and Marshal. He greeted them, with a deep, vitriolic hatred in his voice. It was as if he was spewing acid with each word. "You worthless sinful brats! You degenerates have ruined everything! I could have guided this region, the whole world ot salvation, if not for YOU! You and your degeneracy!"

"You're the degenerate you transphobic scumbag!" Arven retorted.

"You killed an innocent woman and this is what you have to say?" Nemona added, "You really think Arceus holds any love for someone as hateful as you?"

"More than he holds for you filth!" Ubel retorted. "I should have known parents like yours would raise a degenerate Arven! You and you! Nemona! Uppity little bi-"

"That's enough!" Marshal retorted, "I'm ending this! Here and now!"

"Try me..." Ubel sneered.

The battle was swift and the trio harsh on Ubel, showing no mercy. Ubel was left on his knees hurling insults at the trio. He declared, "That deranged scientist deserved to die in Area Zero! Look at what their kid became! Degenerate with a degenerate so-called brother! They would be disgusted!"

Marshal glared with death in his eyes. Nemona blocked his way, "Hey! Woah! He's not worth it man! Let's think this through! Madeline wouldn't want this!"

Marshal demanded, glaring, "Move. He deserves this."

"It would be one thing if he was still dangerous," Nemona played, "But he's beaten! Arven! Back me up!"

"Let him by," Arven demanded, blinded by anger.

"Arven think this through," Nemona begged, "You're angry. As you should be, but please don't do something you'll-"

"He's caused enough suffering," Arven demanded, marching forward, "Move."

Nemona shook her head, "You can't do this! Don't you see that this is a mistake! That you are throwing away your futures for a single moment of catharsis! Your parents wouldn't want that Arven! Madeline wouldn't want this Marshal! Our family wouldn't want this."

Arven sighed, and started to back down, shaking his head, "Maybe she's right. Marshal..."

Marshal snapped back, "She hasn't lost anyone like we have! What does she know?"

"That if you do this I'm going to lose you!" Nemona snapped back in a scream. She steadied her breathing, and sighed, "Look. I'm not moving. That's final."

Marshal and Arven gripped their Pokeballs. Arven sighed sadly, "I'm sorry..."

Nemona was the strongest of the trio, but stood no chance in a 2v1. She begged as Marshal pushed her aside after the battle and snapped Ube's neck.

Marshal did not have the means to evade his arrest and was sentenced to several years in prison. During his sentence Ubel's plans collapsed, but with them so did Team Star's reputation due to lingering resentment field by the remnants of Ubel's allies, forcing them to flee Paldea. Nemona never forgave Marshal or Arven, cutting ties with both and leaving to travel with Florian.

Years later Marshal was released and left with Arven to greener pastures. His bond ot Clavell was damaged severely, and while Clavell always supported the two, they were no longer close.

The truth was revealed.

Team Star burned out...

The future was changed.